- What is SDG.careers?
SDG.careers serves as a resource for employers and employees to find and promote job opportunities that align with the Sustainable Development Goals, a global framework for addressing issues such as poverty, inequality, and climate change. The platform aims to promote sustainable and responsible employment opportunities by highlighting job openings at organizations working towards one or more of the SDGs.
- Who uses this website?
SDG.careers is used by both employers and job seekers. Employers use the platform for advertising job openings and showcasing their commitment to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Job seekers use the platform to search for job opportunities that align with their values and interests in sustainability and social impact and to find organizations actively working to achieve these goals.
- How often is the website updated?
SDG.careers is a dynamic platform that is updated multiple times daily with new job openings from various organizations worldwide. It allows job seekers to find the most up-to-date and relevant job opportunities that align with their interests and values.
- Who is behind this website?
The website, sdg.careers, was developed and continues to be maintained by Adriaan Bouman, a developer and social entrepreneur. After reading an article that detailed the detrimental effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on progress in reducing poverty, improving education, and advancing health, Adriaan set out to find a solution to help mainstream the SDGs. He began experimenting with ways to align jobs with the SDGs, resulting in this new and innovative job platform.
- How many people use the website?
SDG.careers is a rapidly growing platform, gaining more and more users worldwide. As of January 2023, the platform has been attracting around 500 unique daily users, which clearly indicates its increasing popularity. As the platform continues to grow, it will likely attract even more users and become a go-to destination for job seekers looking for sustainable and responsible career opportunities.
- How can we contact you?
If you have any questions or want to get in touch with us, please email us at email@example.com.
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- What are the Sustainable Development Goals?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are 17 global goals established by the United Nations in 2015 as part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. These goals aim to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030. The SDGs are a universal call to action to end poverty, protect the earth, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity by 2030.
Each goal has specific targets and indicators to measure progress. The SDGs are integrated and indivisible, meaning that they are all interconnected and that progress in one area can positively impact other areas. The SDGs are also universal, meaning they apply to all countries and all people, regardless of their level of development.
The SDGs provide a framework for governments, businesses, civil society, and individuals to work together to create a more sustainable and equitable future for all.
- How many SDGs are there?
These are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) established by the United Nations:
- No Poverty: End poverty in all its forms everywhere.
- Zero Hunger: End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture.
- Good Health and Well-being: Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all ages.
- Quality Education: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- Gender Equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Clean Water and Sanitation: Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
- Affordable and Clean Energy: Ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all.
- Decent Work and Economic Growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure: Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Reduced Inequalities: Reduce income inequality within and among countries.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
- Responsible Consumption and Production: Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Climate Action: Take urgent and significant action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Life Below Water: Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development.
- Life On Land: Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, forests, wetlands, mountains and other landscapes.
- Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions: Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
- Partnerships for the Goals: Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
- Which organizations are working towards the SDGs?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) are being used by a wide range of organizations and individuals, including:
- Governments at all levels (national, regional, local)
- International organizations (such as the United Nations and World Bank)
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Private sector companies
- Civil society groups and community-based organizations
- Academia and research institutions
- Individuals and grassroots activists
These groups use the SDGs as a framework to guide their work towards sustainable development and to measure and report on their progress towards achieving the goals. The SDGs are also used by governments and organizations to inform policies, planning and budgeting.
- When will the SDGs be finalized?
The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) were adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in September 2015 with a deadline of 2030. The SDGs are a 15-year plan to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure that all people enjoy peace and prosperity. Therefore, the SDGs will be finalized in 2030. However, it's important to note that the SDGs are not a one-time event or a finite project but an ongoing effort. Even after the SDGs are officially "finalized" in 2030, the work towards achieving their goals will continue.
- Who adopted the SDGs?
The SDGs were adopted by 193 Member States of the United Nations, which committed to taking action to achieve these goals.
- What kind of jobs can I post?
Our website is visited by an audience looking for careers with a social impact. We utilize the Sustainable Development Goals as a framework and shared language to make it easy for jobseekers to search for the types of impact organizations, and their roles are working towards.
Therefore, jobs and organizations with a strong and clear link with one or more of the SDGs will have a higher chance of finding the right candidate.
- What are pinned job post?
A pinned job post is a featured listing that appears prominently on the homepage above all other job posts. The closer the pinned job gets to its end date, the higher it will be placed among the other pinned jobs, increasing visibility and attracting more applicants.
The duration of a pinned job post varies based on the chosen listing plan, ranging from a day, week or month.
- How can we publish our job(s)?
- Choose the primary Sustainable Development Goal your organisation or the role is working towards.
- Please provide us with the role and organisation details by filling in the form fields on the page.
- You can save your listing, and we will show you a preview.
- After payment, the listing is published and visible on the website immediately.
- We will email you a confirmation, receipt and invoice.
- Do you provide discounts?
We occasionally offer automatic discounts and provide promotion codes to repeat clients who have previously listed vacancies on our website. If you require a discount, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and explain the reasoning, and we shall work towards finding a suitable solution.
- How much does it cost?
Please scroll to the bottom of this page, where you can find the different pricing plans and their different options.
- Do we receive a receipt or invoice?
After successfully placing the job listing, a receipt and invoice will be provided to you via email.
- How many applicants do we receive?
The visibility of a job listing is directly affected by how long it remains pinned, leading to a significant increase in the number of views and applicants. Additionally, the level of interest generated by a listing is highly influenced by various factors such as the quality of the job description, the salary and benefits offered, and other considerations.
- How do I update, cancel or change my listing?
Please email us your request with the same email the job was listed at email@example.com, and we will help you update your listing.
- How do applicants apply to our job(s)?
You must supply us with an apply-URL or email when you publish your listing. Once a visitor wants to apply, they can click the apply button, and we will redirect the visitor to the link you supplied us with.
- How long will a job be listed?
We have plans for 30, 60 and 90 days job listings.
- How can I apply for a job?
You can apply for any job that interests you by clicking the "Apply" button on the job listing.
- When do I get a response from my applications?
We aren't capable and responsible for responding to applications. When you apply, the application will be handled by the organization that published the job on our website.
- How do I know a job is still available?
We do our best to make sure our listing is up-to-date. We do this in various ways and minimize showing jobs as available when they are already taken. When a position is closed, we display this with a text label and disable the apply button.
- Do you list jobs from any country?
We currently list positions from over a hundred countries and counting. We are an international job board with a local reach.
- Can you notify me when you list new jobs?
Yes, we offer a 'job alert' service which you can find on the homepage and in the menu. Select the SDGs you want notified about and fill in your email, and we will send you daily or weekly updates.
- Is applying for a job free?
Yes, we would never charge for access to job listings!