Counterpart International is currently seeking a Technical Director to serve on an anticipated opportunity with a World Bank funded Green Accountability Call for Proposals. The anticipated project will seek….
This is a full position based in the Dominican Republic and will serve the life of the project, which is expected to be 5-years.
The Technical Director responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate directly with COP and DCOP and MEL all the technical strategies and workplans for project implementation and stakeholder engagement.
- Coordinate active participation of stakeholders and institutions such as government, private sector, NGO’s and academical institutions.
- Coordinate all activities pertaining to technical thematic partners such as water security, hydrology, water governance, livelihoods and other technical areas of the project.
- Supervise workshops, seminars and any project capacity building activity.
- Provide technical management and direction to stakeholders and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in natural resources, environment, especially water-related fields, such as water resources management, civil engineering, remote sensing, water quality monitoring, ecology or climate change. Preferably an advanced degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in water resource management and climate change, with special focus on capacity building, natural resources and ecosystem management, and improved access to water resources (quantity, quality) as well as governance.
- Basic knowledge computer software programs such as MS Office Suite.
- Ability to travel according to field requirements and project workplan.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Experience working with USAID and/or other International Development donors working in the Dominican Republic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
- Professional proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get started.