ABOUT THE POSITION
VHB is seeking a Water Resources Designer to work from our Watertown, MA office to support our water resource and environmental projects.
- Work within a team of professionals in developing site civil engineering plans and specifications for a multitude of environmental, land development, transportation, and water resources projects
- Conduct a wide array of water resources related studies and analysis including: Hydrologic and hydraulic studies for riverine and coastal environments, resiliency planning, analysis and design of conveyance systems, design of stormwater management facilities, and floodplain analysis
- Prepare technical reports, design plans, construction documents, and specifications for water resources related projects
- Conduct data collection and field work
- Work with VHB’s integrated team to evaluate permit requirements and develop permit applications
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think critically
- Strong computer skills
- Excel in working in a team environment
- 0-1 year of engineering experience, whether through coursework or professional experience (may
include co-op/internship experience)
- BS in Civil, Coastal, or Environmental Engineering or related field, MS preferred
- Familiarity with hydrologic, hydraulic, and hydrodynamic modeling and analysis
- Familiarity with stormwater management design, Low Impact Development/green infrastructure design, floodplain management, storm sewer design, grading and site design.
- AutoCAD or MicroStation and GIS experience strongly desired
WE ARE VHB! We’re an inspired and innovative team of engineers, scientists, planners, and designers who partner with clients in the transportation, real estate, institutional, and energy industries, as well as federal, state, and local governments.
Our work helps improve mobility, enhance communities, and contribute to economic vitality. We do this while balancing development and infrastructure needs with stewardship of our environment.
Our people make us great! VHB provides a differentiating employee experience.
- Inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation
- Opportunity to work on complex, transformational projects
- Amazing co-workers
- A focus on learning and development
- Flexible, hybrid workplace
It’s not surprising that VHB has consistently been rated one of the top AEC firms to work for across our 30+ offices on the East Coast. We’re growing and we hope you’ll join us!
VHB is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.