Feeding South Florida is hiring a
The Feeding South Florida (FSF) Warehouse Supervisor (WS) plays a key role in ensuring warehouse operations run smoothly and efficiently on a day-to-day basis. This position has the authority to assist the Warehouse Director with oversight functions of receiving, picking, inventory, sanitation, and safety policies and procedures. The WS assists in hiring/firing decisions and is responsible for the performance of direct reports. The WS is expected to set a positive example for warehouse associates by exhibiting a commitment to organization values and helping cultivate a high-performance culture.
• Follow and enforce safe food handling practices and sanitation procedures to ensure compliance with the various organizational directed standards.
• Oversee the inspection, operation, and maintenance of material handling equipment in compliance with safety guidelines.
• Lead order picking associates to fulfill all orders accurately, safely, and on-time.
• Coordinate the loading and unloading of trucks as required, following protocol to weigh product as needed and inspect the equipment being loaded/unloaded.
• Ensure consistent application of “first-in first-out” rule as it relates to stocking and distribution of product, ensuring proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
• Ensure proper stacking of products to maximize stock storage spaces; rearrange and restack products as required.
• Inspect product to determine quality and closely follow guidelines and controls regarding the Salvage Operation to help ensure its integrity.
• Continuously check inventory for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs of unsafe distribution.
• Accurately record all transactions using paper lists and/or computer hardware/software.
• Guide and assist warehouse associates in all operational areas to ensure safety, sanitation, inventory accuracy, and productivity.
• Coordinate with management the need for repairs of equipment safety and sanitation violations.
• Assist the Leadership Team and Management as necessary.
• Willingness to serve others above all else
• High school diploma (Associates Degree preferred)
• At least 3 years warehouse experience (lead/supervisory experience preferred)
• Close attention to details
• Organization and prioritization skills
• Able to give and follow directions and communicate effectively in English.
• Strong work ethic with the tenacity to work under extreme pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner.
• Capable of working in both hot (non-air-conditioned) and cold (cooler/freezer) environments.
• Basic math, reading and writing skills in the English language.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; basic business intuition and common sense.
• Able to operate and maintain warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, forklifts, reach trucks, coolers, freezers, electronic scales, etc.
• Knowledge of basic OSHA standards and warehouse Safety procedures
• Preferences: Warehouse Management software experience, Inventory control and Food Safety.
• Unwavering commitment to quality and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
• Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed with demonstrated passion for FSF’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
Hours of Operation: Although organization hours are Monday-Friday, 12:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m., this position may work closer to 45-50 hours per week, especially during peak times such as holiday seasons, growing seasons and disaster response. After hours business work is required occasionally throughout the year.
Environment: This position works in a kitchen setting with long periods of standing, talking and/or visual concentration, and use of kitchen equipment that always requires the highest levels of safety standards. Occasional work will occur in the warehouse or outside in fields and warehouses in inclement weather. The noise is the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Travel: FSF serves four counties so there is often same-day travel between the counties, using a personal vehicle, and occasional out of town travel for meetings, conferences or special events.
OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.