The Warehouse Associate (WA) will perform general warehouse duties and assist with the sanitation, inventory, receipt, picking and shipping of all products, from the warehouse facility. This includes the physical handling of product, rotation of stock, inspection of boxes, and operation of material handling equipment. This position requires accurate record-keeping and extensive interaction with the public
and other team members.
- Complete all assignments in accordance with food safety and handling regulations to ensure the integrity of products through proper inspection, handling, and storage procedures.
- Select agency orders quickly and accurately.
- Unload and receive inbound trucks as required, following protocol when inspecting product and weighing and tagging all products received, assigning product codes to all inbound items.
- Prepare branch orders for distribution. Verify paperwork associated with all incoming and outgoing transactions.
- Label all stock in accordance with inventory control procedures.
- Ensure proper inspection, handling, storage, and distribution of all inventories in accordance with USDA, DOH, Safe Food Handling, OSHA, Feeding America (FA), and AIB standards.
- Ensure consistent application of “first-in first-out” rule as it relates to stocking and distribution of product, ensuring proper storage separation of food and non-food items.
- Ensure proper stacking of all products, stock storage spaces, rearrange and restack products.
- Inspect product to determine quality. Accurately record salvageable and unsalvageable inventory. Closely follow guidelines and controls regarding the Salvage Operation to help ensure its integrity.
- Continuously check inventory for expiration dates, any signs of contamination, or other signs
of unsafe distribution.
- Perform maintenance and sanitation duties as assigned.
- Assist with physical inventory of products.
- Use material handling equipment and maintain equipment charging areas.
- Participate in the implementation of Safety Guidelines and Standards.
- Consistently emphasize and practice organization mission and values.
- Assist management with additional tasks as necessary.
- High school Diploma
- Ability to work in a freezer/cooler environment.
- Basic Math, Reading and Writing Skills in the English language.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Capable of following directions and communicate effectively.
- Capable of working under pressure, completing various assignments responsibly and in a timely manner.
- Unwavering commitment to quality and excellence in organizational and project management with the ability to achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget.
- Integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed with demonstrated passion for FSF’s mission and commitment to working collaboratively with a management team of senior professionals.
- Strong analytical skills; basic business intuition and common sense.
- Strong work ethic with the tenacity to work under pressure.
- Skills in operating and maintenance of warehouse equipment including pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks, forklifts, coolers, freezers, electronic scales, etc.
- Forklift Certification preferred and knowledge of Material Handling Equipment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Based on OSHA Standards Lifting requirements are 50 pounds and when lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, use two or more people to lift the load.
- This position works in a typical warehouse and office setting. There may be extended periods of sitting, standing and/or bending; listening, talking and/or visual concentration; writing and/or computer use.
- This position is not in an air-conditioned environment.
- The position will involve periods in a cooler and freezer; PPE is provided.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hand and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk, hear and smell.
- After business hours’ work is required occasionally throughout the year.
- Travel between branches using personal vehicle may be required.