GrainPro is currently recruiting for the position of VP for Global Sales. This is a senior sales position and part of the Senior Management Team, reporting directly to the GrainPro President and indirectly to the Chief Strategy Officer.
GrainPro is a mission-based company dedicated to reducing hunger and poverty through the safe handling of dried agricultural commodities. GrainPro manufactures post-harvest management systems suitable for organic, chemical-free storage, solar-drying, and transporting of dry agricultural commodities worldwide. GrainPro’s patented air-tight technology ensures that valuable commodities are handled in a moisture-protected, insect-free, and mold-free environment and can maintain quality, taste and nutritional value of dried food for years. The company is committed to sustainable growth through environmental stewardship and social impact.
A. Sales Management
- Sales Strategy: Lead and take responsibility for developing and implementing a comprehensive sales strategy that aligns with GrainPro's overall corporate strategy, global business objectives and regional market dynamics.
- Market Analysis: Lead market analysis based on market trends, competitors, and industry developments to identify new opportunities and adjust sales projections accordingly.
- Pipeline: Work with the sales teams to generate a robust pipeline with a consistent 80% conversion rate for repeat customers.
- Customer segmentation: Understand and align GrainPro product offering with appropriate customer segments and generate sales strategies for each while tracking effectiveness of the segmentation.
- Sales planning and forecasting: Lead the sales teams in curating sales plans, set targets, and forecast sales accurately, in line with their targets and assigned markets.
- Sales monitoring: Monitor performance and make appropriate adjustments to achieve committed outcomes.
- Sales KPIs: Establish and monitor sales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to evaluate team effectiveness and identify areas for improvement.
- Sales and marketing communication: Jointly with GrainPro marketing team and sales, curate appropriate sales and marketing communications plans aligned with key customer segments profiles. Include RoI measurement matrices for communications plan investments.
- Customer retention: Draft appropriate customer retention strategies that work, ensure less than 5% churn rate for key customers
- Distribution: Monitor distributor network expansion in line with regional plans with the aim of increasing market penetration and eventual sales revenues.
B. Team Management
- Sales Team Leadership: Lead CRM data analysis and draw insights used to evaluate pipeline health, set sales goals, and provide guidance and support to achieve targets.
- Team reporting: Regular scheduled meetings with sales team to vet robustness of existing pipeline, review customer profiles and sales revenues against agreed KPIs. Analyze resulting data and present findings to senior management, offering insights and recommendations for improvement.
- Incentive uptake: Track adoption of sales incentive scheme by the sales team, ensuring targets are met and exceeded within the company’s incoterms and payment terms.
- Use of CRM platform: Understand and ensure the sales teams are using HubSpot as the key sales management tool for all sales processes from pipeline generation to customer service, ensuring optimal utilization for sales tracking and customer relationship management.
- Key customer relationship management: Contribute to, and take forward relevant relationships with key clients, understand their needs, and ensure excellent customer service to enhance customer satisfaction and retention.
- Collaboration: Work closely with strategy, marketing, product development, and other GrainPro departments to align sales strategies with overall company objectives.
- Compliance: Ensure adherence to overall company policies, legal, financial regulations, and ethical standards in all sales activities.
- Responsible for business growth - market share and revenue - with focus on profitability of the global sales team.
- Incoterms and credit terms to distributors and end users aligned with overall company guidelines.
- Annual sales revenue targets setting in collaboration with sales and finance teams and finance Controller.
- Stock/Inventory value management.
- Degree qualification in a relevant field.
- A minimum of +10 years’ experience in sales and growing high performing teams preferably in a global context.
- International experience, specifically in emerging markets and strong understanding of sales processes and dynamics.
- Multiple Project Management experience is essential.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required and a good command of French and Spanish will be considered as a bonus.
- Based preferably in Africa, Europe or the Americas and be legally able to live and work in the preferred country, noting that GrainPro will not offer relocation support.
- Strong ethical background is a must.
- Proficiency in HubSpot or similar CRM platforms; knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- . Ability to travel internationally as required.
What We Offer:
1. A dynamic and multicultural working environment.
2. Opportunities for professional growth and development.
3. Competitive salary, bonus opportunity, stock options and benefits package.
4. The chance to make a significant impact in a company that values innovation and sustainability.
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
GrainPro is committed to the ideal of diversity in its staff. GrainPro does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, nationality, orethnicity. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff.