Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us. We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day. Everyone is welcome.
A versatile position within a dynamic non-profit that provides community-inspired, volunteer-powered disaster relief. The position is full-time and is responsible for managing and supporting volunteers while on program, promoting peer-to-peer fundraising among the volunteer population, facilitating a positive, productive and impactful volunteer experience and overseeing the base management team.
- Reports to Volunteer Coordination and Engagement Managers with dotted line to Operations Manager
- Roles reporting to position 0
- Approximate number of reports 0
- Coordinate the arrival and departure schedule of individual volunteers and groups, conduct pre-arrival phone calls, answer volunteer inquiries, and communicate expected volunteer numbers to the field team
- Welcome new volunteers ensuring they are settled, and have completed all required paperwork
- Facilitate orientation sessions introducing the organization and program expectations
- Implement the volunteer engagement strategy in a positive and authentic way, organizing fundraising events and activities to motivate, empower, and inspire volunteers to meet the monthly fundraising targets
- Update tracking systems daily, including updating volunteer arrivals, departures, breaks in Salesforce, donation tracking, and personal fundraising pages
- Engage volunteers with the alumni network platform by posting program updates, responding to questions and promoting the benefits of becoming an Alumni Network member
- Collect feedback surveys from volunteers as they depart, and work with Volunteer Coordination Manager and program team to review feedback
- Support with base operations such as procurement of food, medical and base supplies when necessary
- We have decided to relax the requirement for Covid-19 vaccination for on program staff. While we still strongly recommend Covid-19 vaccination, along with other standard and travel immunizations as recommended by the CDC and WHO, Covid-19 vacation will no longer be required
- Perform other duties as required.
- Education High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Related Experience Previous experience working with All Hands and Hearts, or another disaster response organization, preferred.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must have good written and oral communication skills. Must be confident working with Google Workspace, particularly Google Docs and Google Sheets; and Microsoft Office. Confident in Salesforce. Needs to be well organized and able to prioritize and manage multiple concurrent tasks. Strong leadership skills with a proactive approach to identifying and solving problems. Able to manage a large workload and perform in a fast-paced environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Constantly works in outdoor adverse weather conditions
Frequently moves items weighing up to 40 lbs on work site or on base
Frequently operates computer
Must be able to remain in a stationary position
Living in communal environment
High stress situations
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is $15 USD/ hour, based on position, skills and experience
- Room & board included
- Monthly R&R breaks
- Travel to and from program location
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance plans (US Employees)
- Flex Spending Account (US Employees)
- 401K with safe harbor match for U.S. staff (US Employees)
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.