Principal Functions and Purpose of the position
This position supports the Operations Manager in delivering front-of-house and back-of-house services at WWF Island House Conservation Studies Centre to maintain the centre's operations. This involves operating the Panda Shop, coordinating and guiding eco-tour, creating visitor experience, and maintaining the building and surrounding area standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Customer-focused - Front of house
- Responsible for Panda Shop operations, including providing retail service and managing the POS and inventory system to maintain accurate retail and inventory records.
- Support outdoor pop-up events to maximize contribution towards conservation and education through recruiting new members and donors.
- Manage the activities bookings system to coordinate booking and prepare for upcoming events.
- Meet and greet visitors and customers, proactively engaging with them by introducing the WWF brand, products, and services, including eco-tours, public events, and other activities across all centres.
- Prepare and conduct eco-tour for walk-in visitors and conduct post-tour follow-up with customers to promote other WWF experiences and products.
- Support Operations Manager to deal with memberships, subscriptions, enquiries, feedback, and customer complaints.
- Ensure all facilities and services are available as scheduled.
Quality of service / Administration - Back of house
- Responsible for centre opening and closing.
- Responsible for room, venue, and catering setting before events and basic clean up after events
- Perform regular inspection of premises and equipment for preventative reporting and formulate action to maintain the premises, plants, machines, and other equipment are in good condition.
- Support Manager to assess health and safety and the cleanliness of premises.
- Ensure proper storage of workshop and operation materials and equipment.
- Support and WWF activities and other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Holder of vocational training diploma in hospitality or customer service-related discipline.
- Minimum 1 year of work experience in retail, customer service, or event operations.
- Experience in using a POS system is preferred.
- Experience in leading and coordinating visitor tours or group activities is preferred.
- A Responsible, proactive, and customer-oriented person with a pleasant and outgoing personality
- A team player with good organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of Chinese and English
- Physically fit to perform outdoor duties and willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- On shift working arrangement to support duty on weekends and public holiday is a must.
Interested candidates, please submit your application through https://wwfhk.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=161
This is a local position to be based in Island House, Tai Po, Hong Kong.
We offer a 5-day work week and competitive rewards and benefits package to the right candidate. Interested parties please apply with a full resume, stating your present and expected salary and available date. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
WWF, the World Wide Fund for Nature, a non-profit organization, headquartered in Switzerland, is one of the world’s most recognizable and respected independent conservation organizations.
To find out more about us, please visit our website at wwf.org.hk now.