Career opportunity at Kopila Valley School
KOPILA VALLEY SCHOOL (KVS)
"A world where every child is educated, safe and loved"
KVS is a non-profitable school running under the Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj, an NGO registered in Surkhet, Nepal, and funded by BlinkNow Foundation USA to provide world-class education to the neediest children who deserve the best education. Our mission is to change the world by empowering Nepal’s children. The K-12 school is co-located with other programs including a residential children’s home, women’s empowerment center, sustainability, health and wellness, and family development program. We provide our students a free education, educational materials, health treatment and medicine, counseling, and a place to live. With our innovative future program, we strive to provide our children with career guidance, and scholarships for further studies.
The BlinkNow Foundation is a 501(c)(3) based in New Jersey which, through its country office in Nepal, oversees these programs in rural Nepal. Every day we strive to create a sustainable organization working to educate all of Kopila’s children until they are ready to enter the world as happy, skilled, confident, self-sufficient adults. We believe we can serve as a model for quality education in Nepal. We will strive to provide our children with scholarships (should they choose to pursue higher education), and the skills required to enter the world as global citizens, and ambassadors for change.
About the Position: Trainee Teachers
KVS is seeking creative thinkers who embrace new approaches to teaching and learning. This is an opportunity for you to work with a forward-thinking school that is integrating technology into classrooms to enhance the understanding of lessons and make engaging and fun. The school provides excellent benefits and a supportive work environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth. If you are a passionate educator and willing to learn and grow, we encourage you to apply; We look forward to accommodating you in consideration of your possible contributions.
Application Deadline: Before the End of December 2022 (We screen applications on rolling basis)
Work Location: Birendranagar -1, Surkhet
Number: 1 Position
Contract: Full time, up to 2 years
Benefits: Monthly stipend allowance, festival allowance, On-site meals
Nationality: All Nepali citizens, local residence of Karnali province will be preferred.
Education and Experience: At least 10+2 in any discipline.
Language: Fluent in English and Nepali
Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills and strong speaking / writing skills in both Nepali and English and be able to plan and work on a computer.
- Good communication skills to speak clearly to students, other teachers, guardians and administration officials.
- Good instruction skills to explain new ideas and unfamiliar concepts with varied methods catering to all and in a clear and concise way.
- People skills to engage parents and creating healthy relationships with students and faculty will help create a quality learning environment.
- Good on using Microsoft Office tools and email.
- Experience in teaching learning material development and classroom management.
- Self-motivated and well-organized.
- Support to plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, experiment and investigate.
- Support to design activities as per the needs of different levels of students. Instruct the students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests.
- Support to organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social-emotional development. Inspire every child to aspire for higher self learning and think beyond boundaries and circumstances. Encourage sharing of ideas and develop tasks to encourage creativity as a part of the lesson plans.
- Support the students’ growth in all aspects of whole education. Teach basic academic skills, personal hygiene, values and social skills and citizenship.
- Support to teacher to provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Support to teacher to plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to children.
- Use computers, audiovisual aids, and other equipment and materials to supplement presentations.
- Monitor and supervise students in a variety of educational environments (e.g., classroom, playground, field trips, etc.) for the purpose of providing a safe and positive learning environment.
- Support to prepare a variety of written materials (e.g., journals, parent-teacher conference reports, anecdotal records, class tests, quizzes, students independent and group works etc.) for the purpose of documenting student progress and participation in school-related activities.
- Support to create Annual and Block Plans once a year.
- Involve in making home visits and learn the living situations.
- Be a part of the students’ clubs according to your subject of interest, guide and teach them one hour a week for knowledge and skills.
- Assess and give feedback with the students’ strengths and weaknesses; indicate how you would strengthen those areas and the students' role to improve those areas.
- Attend assemblies and programmes; supervise meals and contribute to make a safe school.
- Guide all students at all times, as needed, as you would do to your own children.
- Select, store, order, issue, and keep class inventory classroom equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Keep records of students’ absence, anecdotes, marks obtained, credits and demerits and commendation letters.
There could be additional responsibilities, as determined by your supervisor.
- You believe that we can change the world, in the blink of an eye
- You believe in making decisions that put children first
- You are self-motivated, organized, and approachable
- You enjoy creating systems, keeping records, and increasing efficiency
- You are always looking for new ways for our team to work smarter instead of harder
- You have a strong work ethic and a willingness to pick up new skills..
- You are comfortable multi-tasking
- You are positive, patient, and a clear communicator who is comfortable working with both Kopila Valley and BlinkNow staff.
- you require little supervision and are flexible. You understand that you will be wearing many hats in this role, many of which are not explicitly included in this job description.
Interested in joining?
If you think this career opportunity will amplify your career growth, we encourage you to apply by clicking “Apply For This Job” and submit all required documents. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further screening process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. If you have any queries/information, please send us at email@example.com, (please do not send us your application and CV in this email). We accept and screen applications on a rolling basis.