Title: Temporary Development Assistant
Department: Development Department
Location: NYC office - hybrid mode
FLSA classification: nonexempt employee
Employment: Temporary (3 months) hourly position (20-29 hours/week)
Start Date: November 1
Overview of the position
The Rainforest Foundation US Temporary Development Assistant will support the fundraising efforts of the development team during year end fundraising. This position is designed for those with interest in development and nonprofit fundraising. This position reports to the Development Operations Manager.
- Support the gift acknowledgment process
- Data entry for incoming donation checks
- Assist with printed mailings and other related administrative work
- Help maintain donor and grant databases and files, recording new donations and tracking donor communications
- Respond to occasional donor emails
- Work on special projects as needed and assigned by the Development team
- Call to thank donors following a script
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Docs; some database experience preferred
- Excellent data entry skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to complete some manual tasks, such as folding and preparing envelopes for mailings
- Self-motivated team player with a high sense of urgency
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion
- Interest in protecting the environment and human rights
IMPORTANT: This is a paid hourly temporary position. Hourly rate between $21 - $23 hourly depending on experience. Workweek from 20 to 29 hrs. per week. It is a 3 months temporary position (November 2023 to January 2024). This position is Hybrid. One to two days per week in our Brooklyn office and remote the rest of the week. Temporary employees are not entitled to receive RFUS full time- regular staff’s benefits such as health insurance, paid holidays or vacation leave. Temporary - hourly employees accrue 1 hour of paid sick time for every 30 hours worked.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply early and advised to carefully study the job description to ensure they meet the requirements and skills we are looking for.
- Applications will not be considered without the submission of a resume and cover letter.
- Please note that the position will be listed as open until filled. Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be contacted.
- The candidate must possess the legal requirements to work in the United States; Rainforest Foundation US will not sponsor visas for international candidates.