Climate Fund Managers (CFM), on behalf of Climate Investor 2, and Flexeau S.A. (Flexeau) are together seeking to develop and optimise a network of rural water supply infrastructure in Senegal (the Project).
Flexeau as the project Sponsor will carry out various tasks, such as main development, construction and operations at all sites. Within Flexeau, a separate Project Management Unit (PMU) will be established. The Technical Manager will be a part of this PMU.
The Technical Manager to be responsible technical related activities that are needed to implement the Project during development and construction of the Early Works in Gandiaye and Porokhane.
The position will be based in Dakar with frequent travel to the Kaoloack/Kaffrine Site Offices as required. The successful candidate will have experience in rural water supply and renewable energy.
- Support development planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities and interface with developer, Contractors, government units and other stakeholder including communities.
- Must establish and maintain a constructive and positive working relationship with all stakeholders.
- Work with project engineers to ensure required specifications, designs, drawings and information regarding the facilities (water and energy) and Health and Safety standards are available.
- Responsible for working with engineering and technical groups ensuring work outputs from Contractor comply with standards and specifications and meets contract requirements.
- Review of Contractor documents and drawings to ensure completeness and constructability.
- Supervise the Contract and the Works in all aspects (technical, ESG, Health and Safety).
- Contract administration such as formal notices, payment certificates, progress reporting, etc.
- Ensuring Contractor’s as-built documentation is correct and adequately filed.
- Preparation of O&M plan including standard operating procedures, guidelines, checklists.
- Training and handing over of project to operational organization.
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the local support team.
- Support in preparation of formal reports, letters, presentations with Contractor, developer and local authorities.
- Support with translation of key French document to English
- Assist the Project Manager in managing multi-disciplines including civil, mechanical, health & safety, Contractor liaison, meetings, etc.
- Attend and participate in local Government / Authorities meetings.
- Attend and participate in schedule reviews and meetings with the Contractor
- Attend and participate in office / field quality reviews with the Contractor and attend site on a regular basis to inspect site works and conditions
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university and 15 years of experience in the construction and / or design of water supply schemes.
- Experience in Contract Management in construction projects, or instance based on FIDIC.
- Understanding of and experience with ground water abstraction, water treatment, water quality, water distribution, NRW, hydraulics, electrical engineering and renewable energy system integration (specifically, solar PV).
- Experience in one or more of the following software packages: AutoCAD, MS Project.
- Demonstrate excellence and effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and the necessary skills to interface with local representatives, clients, vendors, Contractor and subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Experience of having worked with clients from design concept stage through to project delivery.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and manage personnel.
- Good English & French (speaking, writing, reading).
- Willing to travel to / stay in the aforementioned provinces outside of Dakar.
The following qualities are preferred and considered an advantage:
- Experience with FIDIC contracts.
- Experience with EPAnet or similar hydraulic modelling software.
- Experience working with foreign companies/investors.
- Experience working with OFOR.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability/flexibility to travel for short and long-term periods to the project site
- Skilled in MS Office, Outlook, Excel