Political Research Associates seeks a Strategic Partnerships Director to lead our collaborations with aligned partners in organizing, advocacy, philanthropy, and other groups.
WHO WE ARE:
Political Research Associates is a social justice research and strategy center devoted to supporting organizations, civic leaders, journalists, and social sectors that are building a more just and inclusive democratic society. We provide changemakers with strategic insights and actionable research in order to identify, disrupt, and compete with movements and institutions that undermine democracy, justice, and human rights.
PRA produces investigative reports, articles, and tools; publishes the peer-reviewed magazine The Public Eye; advises social justice movement organizers; and offers expert commentary for local and national media outlets. Our core issue areas span reproductive justice, LGBTQ rights, racial and immigrant justice, civil liberties, and economic justice. Our office is located in Somerville, Massachusetts.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Strategic Partnerships Director is primarily responsible for the following:
- Ensuring high-impact utilization of PRA research, communications, and strategic counsel through our organizational partnerships;
- Developing and leading a cross-departmental partnerships team with clearly defined roles and responsibilities;
- Serving as a senior strategy advisor to department directors and executive staff, and,
- Representing PRA to partners, philanthropic stakeholders, and news media.
The Strategic Partnerships Director reports to the Executive Director, and will recruit and supervise one staff position.
WHO YOU ARE & KEYS TO SUCCESS:
To be successful in this job, you will excel in four areas:
- Strategic mindset: You are an experienced social justice strategist, coalition builder, and project manager who relies on strategic research to inform political education power building. You are comfortable engaging with subject experts, quickly grasp complex issues, and come up with insightful, equitable ways to advance social justice goals and PRA’s strategic plan. You will evaluate PRA’s current partnership models and make recommendations for improvements. Turning information into action excites you. You have a successful track record of taking concepts from idea to completion. A strong implementer, you anticipate problems and make course-corrections.
- Inclusive leadership and management: Racial, gender, and economic justice are elemental to your understanding of social justice and your practice of equitable leadership and staff supervision. You exercise authority without asserting dominance, bring a clear vision, and value others’ perspectives. You are practiced at aligning multiple parties around shared goals. You’re able to make and communicate difficult decisions in the best interest of the organization. You have extensive relationships with social justice movements and communities most targeted by the Right. You will collaborate with research program leaders to devise strategic interventions and assign priorities for programmatic partnerships.
- Organizational Skills: You’re a planner and utilize existing (or create new) systems for keeping yourself and others on task. You make sure all members of the team understand and implement their roles and responsibilities. You set and hold a high bar for quality even when things get hectic, can prioritize among competing demands, and ask for help when you need it.
- Strong Communicator: You are a clear and persuasive communicator, verbally and in writing. You are comfortable and effective as a spokesperson with news media, organizational partners, and donors. Strong facilitation skills enhance your relationship- and coalition-building practices.
SALARY, BENEFITS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Salary: This is a full-time salaried position ($90,000-$100,000/year).
Paid Time off:
- Paid Vacation Leave: 15 paid vacation days per year
- Paid Holidays: 3 PRA Holidays + 12 Choose-your-own Holidays
- Paid Office Closures: 5 day Winter Break
- Paid Health & Wellness Leave: 6 hours accrued per pay period up to 200 hours
- Additional: 4-day/32-hour work week pilot starting in Spring 2023. Eligible for 2 month paid sabbatical after reaching 5 years tenure. Civic Duty Leave; Bereavement Leave; PFML
100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. PRA also offers a 5% employer contribution of salary towards a socially responsible retirement fund, anniversary bonuses, as well as fabulous colleagues in a collaborative working environment and $1000 professional development.
Remote or Greater Boston area. This position is eligible for full telecommuting or you can choose to work from our office in Somerville, Massachusetts. Relocation assistance is provided. PRA’s office hours are 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET, but we offer flexible schedules to all employees.
This position is not included in the PRA Staff Union (Washington-Baltimore News Guild, CWA Local 32035).
Political Research Associates is committed to hiring someone with the right mix of experience (both traditional and nontraditional), social justice commitment, and potential to grow with us. We strongly encourage people from communities most negatively affected by right-wing ideologies & campaigns to apply, particularly: people of color; immigrants; women and feminine-identified people; lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and Two-Spirit people; genderqueer, trans, intersex, and gender non-conforming people.