World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Specialist, Benefits and Wellness.
The Specialist, Benefits and Wellness role administers and provides stakeholder and customer support WWF’s benefits and wellness programs. This role works with employees and managers on benefits-related matters and is the primary point of contact for benefits and wellness inquiries. This role administers all daily benefits activities in the system and works with the HRIS team to maintain accuracy of the benefits data in various systems.
- Serves as primary point of contact for benefit and wellness inquiries for WWF-US staff. Included but not limited to health and welfare benefits, pension plans, workers compensation, FMLA and disability.
- Administers all benefit changes in Workday. Works with HR Operations team to ensure accuracy of benefit transactions in Workday and with benefit vendors.
- Works with the manager to administer leave of absence including leave planning, coordination with UNUM, and coordination with the HR Operations team. Maintains accurate and timely leave records for impacted staff.
- Ensures that all benefit events requiring the Evidence of Insurability (EOI) have the correct status and are processed correctly. Ensures that the coverage of associated benefits is correct before and after the EOI completion and approval.
- Completes the biweekly benefits reconciliations and prepares the biweekly benefits changes file.
- Reviews and approves the biweekly 403(b) and 457(b) contribution and 403(b) loan files. Completes various pension plan tasks such as approvals of rollovers or distribution of notices. Works with the HR Operations team to address pension data discrepancies as needed. Assists with generation of the annual 403(b) compliance test file.
- Codes benefits invoices and monitors timely payments. Serves as primary point of contact for benefit and compensation billing questions. Processes journal entries as needed. Works with HR Operations team to ensure that the invoices match both, benefit elections and payroll deductions.
- Works with HR Operations team to prepare bike reimbursements, Capital Kids deductions, service awards, and metro orders. Processes adjustments as needed.
- Works with HR Operations team to assist with several annual projects including but not limited to Open Enrollment, 1095C production, and audits.
- Works with Manager of Benefits & Wellness on various benefits and wellness projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned and plays an active role in the successful operation of the HR department.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Preferably in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience. (2 years of experience in HRIS data management is STRONGLY prefered.)
- MUST have experience with ADA, FMLA, 403(b), HIPAA, Workers Compensation and other state and federal benefits laws.
- Experience with Workday and system implementation is preferred.
- CEBS and/or CCP preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Integrity and the ability to work with confidential information with discretion.
- Strong problem-solving, research, and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, willingness to take initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of MS Suite with focus on Excel is required.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values:
- COURAGE – We demonstrate courage through our actions, we work for change where it’s needed, and we inspire people and institutions to tackle the greatest threats to nature and the future of the planet, which is our home.
- INTEGRITY – We live the principles we call on others to meet. We act with integrity, accountability and transparency, and we rely on facts and science to guide us and to ensure that we learn and evolve.
- RESPECT – We honor the voices and knowledge of people and communities that we serve, and we work to secure their rights to a sustainable future.
- COLLABORATION – We deliver impact at the scale of the challenges we face through the power of collective action and innovation.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page**, Requisition #24046**
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.