Company Profile: candi is a dedicated rooftop solar company for SMEs across Asia and Africa. We bring together international capital, through our Swiss-based platform, and local expertise in order to provide a unique offering to this underserved sector. In doing so, candi aims to have a big social impact, reduce carbon emissions, create jobs, increase energy access, and save money for businesses in emerging markets. www.candi.solar
Job Summary: The company is looking to recruit an ambitious and energetic to lead candi’s business development efforts with the President of Business Development, driving candi's project growth in India. This is a critical position as the candidate will lead commercial aspects of solar project delivery, including business development, contract negotiations, whilst working with the teams involved in solar solutions to ensure candi’s growth trajectory is realized. Given that we are taking solar into a new realm with a new set of tools, you will ensure all opportunities are pursued to their maximum potential in spite of externalities.
Location: Bangalore/Hyderabad/Chennai (South India)
Hours: Full time, 5 days per week
- First-hand experience of business development for 10+ years with proven track record of meeting or exceeding quotas for overall sales target .
- Detailed understanding of the renewables industry and deep understanding of state-wise local/national laws and regulations.
- Well versed with preparation of financial models to assess project returns.
- In-depth understanding of commercial contracts, including drafting of Power Purchase Agreement, and other candi’s products.
- Ability to create business opportunities and experience of adding to the topline/ bottomline of the company
- Ability to manage the entire project development process with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Capacity to meet tight deadlines and produce high quality results.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace and/or MSOffice
- Proactively collaborate and promptly respond to communications in software platforms like email, Slack and Work Management Platform like Asana, etc.
- Valid residency and/ or work permit for India is mandatory.
The role requires versatility, as services performed are expected to include, but not be limited, to
- Generate direct lead by identifying, targeting, contacting potential customers that fit the candi’s unique criteria.
- Develop a network of EPCs and Channel partners to enhance the top of the sales funnel.
- Pursue strategies to ensure candi emerges as a leader in Commercial and Industrial (“C&I”) space.
- Engage, promote and convince customers of the benefits of the candi’s solution.
- Run candi’s proprietary financial model and submit the proposal to customers.
- Engage in commercial discussions and execute commercial agreements with customers.
- Actively use and update candi’s CRM tool (Salesforce) for each of the sub-phases.
- Analyze sales metrics to determine whether current sales strategies are effective
- Support candi’s engineering team to ensure project success is guaranteed.
- Analyze impact of policy changes, such as limitation on the net / gross metering capacity, applicability of various duties and taxes.
- Work with on-site and off-site teams to ensure approvals / clearances are obtained within the planned time.
- Undertake negotiations with EPC and Channel partners to enhance the visibility of candi.
- Supporting development of candi processes, standard operating procedures, etc.
Working Culture Requirements:
- You agree to live out the candi values every day of your employment: this includes to put empathy before ego, being authentic no matter what, that we work as one and follow the candi principle that less is more
- A dynamic, cross-functional team player, willing to take initiative on projects in the context of a multicultural scale-up trying to execute big, bold ideas.
- Having experience working for an international company, or having studied or worked abroad, is considered a plus.
- You must be open, honest, trustworthy, a strong communicator, and understand that what we get done as a team surpasses what we get done individually.
- candi is an equal opportunities employer.
candi is unique because...
- We focus on helping businesses of all sizes in emerging markets get access to cheap, clean rooftop solar energy.
- We have a strong emphasis on a client-centric & innovation-driven working culture.
- We are an international team where remote working is commonplace, where we trust our team members to actively carve out a role for themselves according to their skillset.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.