Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Communities and Environment Infrastructure technical group is looking for a Senior Water & Wastewater Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects across the country while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior client experience. This opportunity is for a motivated individual with demonstrated leadership abilities, to help shape the future of our growing team.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is targeted to our Kitchener, London or Guelph offices.
What your day will look like
Design & Project Management
- Project manage and deliver preliminary and detailed designs for municipal and industrial infrastructure projects related to treatment facilities and pumping stations.
- Coordinate design team activities, direction to project team members including junior engineers and technical support staff, and ongoing support to client relationship managers.
- Liaise with public and private sector clients, government review and approval agencies, sub-consultants and subcontractors.
- Liaise with multidisciplinary project teams (including transportation, municipal and structural engineers, transportation systems planners, planners, environmental scientists and technical support staff).
- Identify and develop new business opportunities with private sector clients.
- Provide leadership in the maintenance of existing client relationships and development of new client relationships including preparation of project proposals.
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request.
Learning & Development
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training, coaching and mentoring
- Contribute to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in civil, mechanical, environmental or chemical engineering.
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Ontario, or eligible to be licensed within six months.
- Ideally 15+ years of relevant work experience in the Canadian Water & Wastewater market
- References that can attest to your technical and project level leadership
- Experience will demonstrate a clear progression in responsibilities related to water & wastewater infrastructure design and project management, for small and medium scale municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- In-depth understanding of business fundamentals associated with consulting engineering.
- Strategic thinker that will help shape our growing business for long-term success.
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills are essential.
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary project teamwork and coordination.
- Involvement in corporate business group planning, including staffing, growth initiatives, and emerging technologies.
- Experienced in all phases of project development: conceptual, preliminary, detailed design, construction assistance, commissioning, and operational support.
- Experienced in the assessment and design of treatment processes, and facility development.
- Working knowledge of emerging technologies for water and wastewater treatment.
- Proficient in project proposal preparation and presentations.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant Canadian federal and provincial regulations.
- Proven abilities in multidisciplinary teamwork, client and industry relationships, and regulatory agency consultation.
- Ability to lead, coach and develop the next generation of leaders.
- An intense motivation for personal and professional growth.
- The ambition to be part of a growing enterprise, focused on technical excellence and superior client service.
- A deep desire to help and guide our clients on their path to success.
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
Employee share purchase plan
Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, and learning opportunities.
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees.
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With over 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 17 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!