Local Unit & Position Description
Due to growth of the business, DNV Maritime Area Middle & Africa is looking for a dynamic professional from the marine industry to join our team in Doha, Qatar and assume the position of a Senior Surveyor.
The position reports to District Manager GCC Maritime Operations.
Main duties & responsibilities include:
- Perform fleet in service surveys (FiS) according to rules and regulations.
- Effectively interact with owner’s representatives at the yard.
- Manage clients together with other relevant parts of our organization
- Complete project-oriented work, including cooperation in interdisciplinary verification projects
- Follow up periodical surveys and assessments at customer sites.
- Perform project control, reporting, and follow-up within the due date
- Responsible for professional and consistent deliveries throughout the project - plan, coordinate, follow up and improve the operational activities of the project by the framework in the DNV strategy, budget, the DMS, and other applicable instructions
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Naval Architecture / Marine Engineering from a well-known Technical University
- Approximately 5 years of marine industry experience, ideally as a surveyor in a classification society
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-driven and highly engaged professional
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Team player but able to work independently on surveys
- Ability to work well under stressful conditions
- Fluency in English
- Valid driving license will be required from Qatar
- Availability for traveling, including voyage surveys
- Being part of a world-leading company that has a global reach with more than 12,000 employees around the world.
- Interesting and challenging projects.
- Knowledge from a great network of experienced engineers and in line with DNV’s emphasis on competence development.
- Collaboration with great colleagues who value teamwork.
- An international working environment.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in risk management and assurance, with almost 12,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!