Shorelight is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Senior Revenue Manager contributes to revenue generating activities for corporate accounting and helps lead the campus revenue team in accurate reporting of financials. He/she/they is/are fiscally responsible and looks for opportunities to improve operational practice to align with financial goals. The Senior Revenue Manager contributes to the creation, review, and training of staff on all Finance Department policies. This role reports to the Corporate Controller.
The Senior Revenue Manager is a strategic thinker and problem solver with strong attention to detail and a proven customer service approach to working with others. He/She/They has/have outstanding oral and written communication skills that allows for effective communication at all levels in the company. The Senior Revenue Manager is comfortable multitasking, changing priorities to fit business needs, and manages time efficiently. He/She/They is/are an energetic team player who can work independently, takes initiative, and has excellent interpersonal skills.
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Support the preparation of journal entries necessary to properly recognize revenue for the current campus partnerships as needed
- Review all balance sheets reconciliations for assigned campus locations
- Analyze new agreements and document alignment with our ASC 606 memo
- Analyze gross margin by campus partnerships with a comparison to budget and forecast
- Create and review deferred revenue by campus partnerships
- Work with the Partner Operations team to complete a detailed bad debt analysis
- Collaborate cross-functionally on the implementation process of any new campus partnerships
- Collaborate with the Finance team on all financial aspects of assigned campus partnerships, including maintaining KPI’s and target operational metrics
- Assist in all aspects of the annual external and internal audit(s) and manage special projects to achieve both company and finance team goals
- Work with finance management to review, develop, and implement internal control policies for the Finance Department, especially as they relate to IT system controls
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc financial reporting for senior leadership
- Collaborate with the FP&A team to analyze unusual adjustments and differences to the budget
- Partner with IT to develop efficiencies in reconciling student data between NetSuite and Salesforce
- Support ongoing projects to improve NetSuite design and reporting capabilities
- Review, recommend, and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- Comply with Shorelight Written Information Security Policy, and all other Shorelight Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Take responsibility for any Shorelight assets assigned to you
- Promptly report any security events, incidents, or weaknesses to Shorelight Security
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Certified Professional Accountant (CPA)
- 4+ years of experience in public accounting
- 4+ years of management experience in a revenue facing role
- 4+ year of experience in a private or public company setting
- Strong working experience using Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Proficiency in the use and analysis of data from Salesforce
- Working knowledge with accounting software such as NetSuite or similar large-scale ERP platform
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required--Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.