Reports to: Marketing Operations Manager
Working location: Option to work remotely or from our office in Tokai, Cape Town
Start date: March 2023
Looking to find a real purpose in your career again? At GVI, our teams bring a range of specialised skills together for a common goal: supporting a more sustainable future.
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise. We offer conservation and community development programs in 13 countries, all aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, and led by our teams and experts from the communities we operate in.
Working at GVI is fast-paced and fun. We value passion, authenticity and innovation, and we treat our stakeholders with compassion and respect.
About the role
- Work collaboratively with Marketing Operations Manager to set up the necessary processes to execute the required product changes.
- Oversee and coordinate the running of these processes.
- Adjust processes where necessary based on retrospectives on product change projects. Project Manager to facilitate these.
- Run the associated product change projects.
- Information and data architecture and management
- Report on status of projects to senior management stakeholders and work collaboratively with these senior management stakeholders on product change projects.
- Key Goals: Effective cross-departmental product change management. Information architecture and management. Up to date and accurate product information. Documented processes, increased efficiency, business wide collaboration and alignment, effective communication and risk mitigation.
This role will work across three brands within the GVI Group (GVI, Bushwise and Impact Academy).
If you’re hungry for work with a real purpose, you’re eager to collaborate and you’re fun and focused, we’d love to meet you.
Role and responsibilities:
- Establish and document processes for product changes across the business in collaboration with Marketing, Product, Field Operations, Sales and Systems. These could include(but not limited to):
- New Program/Product Creation
- Hub Changes/Moves(from an operational and comms perspective. Not logistical, on the ground hub move project management)
- Create timelines for product changes and be responsible for managing these timelines effectively to ensure timeous delivery of the required outputs.
- Be responsible for the communication, coordination and prioritisation for large scale product changes across the organisation.
- Run product change projects by initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing these according to the established processes.
- Facilitate retrospectives for these product change projects and adjust processes accordingly.
- Report on status of projects to senior management team.
- Collaborate on product change projects with the senior management team where applicable.
- Create effective data and information management systems.
- Ensure that these systems are kept up to date so that product information imperative to the success of the business is accurate and available at all times.
If you are ambitious, purpose-driven, and you have a great sense of humour, we want to meet you. As an organisation, we know that welcoming a broad range of people with unique identities makes us a more powerful workforce and we are committed to evolving our diversity, equity and inclusion practice.
- You are process-orientated with acute attention to detail.
- You thrive innovating and optimising processes
- You are an effective communicator.
- You can engage and communicate with all stakeholders.
- You embrace change, understand it, adapt to it and build processes and project plans with the inevitability of change in mind.
- You have a solid commercial understanding.
- You are comfortable and confident communicating and working collaboratively with senior management where required
- You have experience in managing large scale change projects on a business operations level(advantageous) or on a project level(required)
- You are proactive ,
- You have the ability to take large amounts of information and to distil it to ensure that the necessary stakeholders receive the relevant information.
- You are also someone who is positive, calm, flexible, solutions-driven, innovative.
Professional skills and experience:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- 6+ years of project management experience with a proven track record in project management at a business operations level.
- Experience working within a large(10+) team
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and collaboration skills
- Evidence of managing complex cross functional teams involving numerous stakeholders
- PMI Accredited Project Management certificationsAdvantageous:
We’re not interested in empty perks like having a coffee culture. We do have coffee – if you join our central team in Cape Town, you could find yourself roped into coffee and snack challenges if you visit the office, but you could just as easily be taking your morning coffee at Roots cafe, high in the mountains of northern Thailand if you work on a base. Here’s what our global team enjoys:
- Social fund
- Training fund
- Half days on the first Friday of each quarter
- Collaborative, flexible culture
- Transparency – hear directly from the CEO consistently
- We laugh a lot, genuinely care about and support each other, and do the occasional dress-up
You can find out more about the type of work GVI does and who we are as an organisation here.
Please send your CV and LinkedIn link along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be best suited to this position at GVI.
Please note: We will do our utmost to respond to all applicants, however, given the large volume of applications we receive, this isn't always possible. If you do not hear back from us within three-four weeks, please take it that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.