As a Senior Project Manager, you will oversee the commercial management of projects in close collaboration with the Itad Technical Lead to ensure we deliver to the highest technical standard. Working within the Project Management Unit but with accountability to the Project Director, you will be able to lead the successful commercial delivery of complex projects and programmes. Your core areas of focus will be:
- In collaboration with the Project Director, liaise with the client(s), and maintain our highest levels of reputation
- Perform excellent cost control and revenue maximisation, including working with others to ensure financial monitoring, contract management and risk control
- Support internal communication to ensure efficient coordination and decision-making
- Work with the Itad Technical Lead and project Team Leader to ensure that the project is delivering technically excellent work on time and within budget
- Have oversight and manage the project programme, managing timing of inputs and deliverables in collaboration with the Itad Technical Lead and project Team Leader
- Ensure that projects are compliant with relevant client, donor and other policies and guidance, as well as Itad’s values and ways of working,
- Manage project resources such as external consultants and Itad suppliers, work with the Project Director and others to address any performance or other issues or needs that arise
- Contribute to bid development and commercial growth, including through communicating our project management service offer
- Participate in Itad internal working groups, contributing to the development of project management excellence within our organisation.
- Support our technical teams in the coordination of resourcing and invoicing processes across the portfolio
Itad is a leading consultancy providing technical expertise to international development programmes, projects and institutions. Our work covers a range of sectors, including Education, Health, Governance, Social Protection and Livelihoods, Climate Change, Fragile and conflicted affected settings, and Private Sector Development. We specialise in MERL and our work ranges from designing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning systems for multi-million pound initiatives, to conducting long-term impact evaluations across the world.
We make a difference delivering technical excellence and innovation, we foster collaboration and learning, we promote gender equality and social inclusion and we provide our staff with multiple opportunities for personal development. As a values-based team, we offer the opportunity to work in a friendly, dynamic and stimulating environment.
Our projects include:
- The Independent Evaluation of the UK Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC)’s Fleming Fund, a £265 million One Health programme, to support 24 Low and Middle-Income Countries (LMICs) in building capacity to tackle antimicrobial resistance (AMR).
- Evaluating UNICEF’s work in health systems strengthening globally, building on the success of our recent work evaluating UNICEF’s efforts to support scale up of prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV and paediatric HIV care and treatment programs over the past decade.
- The Independent Evaluation of Adolescents 360 (A360), an innovative $30 million programme jointly funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation to encourage modern contraceptive use and reduce unplanned pregnancy among young girls aged between 15-19 in Ethiopia, Tanzania and Nigeria.
Who You Are
- You have proven experience of delivering complex projects, including financial management, work planning, contract and risk management. Direct experience within the International Development space is highly desirable
- You are confident and experienced in client liaison and able to quickly establish credible and strong working relationships with a diverse array of people in your work, including senior stakeholders and partner organisations
- You have a proven track record in using your strong communication and interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strong working relationships with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- Written and spoken Business French would be ideal
The role is based in our offices in Brighton & Hove (East Sussex) but you don’t need to be in the office every day, we work on a hybrid basis where travel to the office is expected for weekly team meetings and key company events. However, you will already have the right to live and work in the UK and be able to travel both nationally and internationally.
At Itad, we are committed to actively promoting diversity, equality and inclusion to empower people both within our organisation and through our work. We know that employees with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences make us a more effective and innovative company and we therefore welcome and encourage applications from interested candidates regardless of age, sex, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, or belief.
The salary rage for this role is between £44-£50K depending on your experience. We also offer a comprehensive learning and development programme, flexible working patterns and a matched company pension up to 5%. You will have 26 days core holiday (for the 2022-23 holiday year), plus a further 3 flexible days and public holidays which you can take whenever you want to.
The deadline for applications is June 19 but we will begin to interview successful candidates on a rolling basis with a start date as soon as possible.