About the opportunity
Are you a proactive problem solver who enjoys supporting a diverse group of technical specialists and delivering the highest-quality work? Are you looking for a career opportunity that allows you to use your business savvy, great organizational, communication and people skills to be an integral member of a team? Look no further. SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Senior Project Controls Analyst to primarily support our New Mexico/Four Corners (NM/4C) subregion. This position will be based in our Albuquerque, NM office. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic culture in a climate where people are motivated to bring their best work to help us to grow and prosper.
This is a fulltime, regular (with benefits), salaried position.
What you will accomplish
- Support managers, project controls and NM/4C leadership in project financial tracking, contract administration, accounting, and recordkeeping.
- Initiate and complete project setup and review in partnership with project managers.
- Monitor and analyze project metrics to identify weaknesses or problems
- Oversee forecasting, budget tracking (i.e., labor, and other expenses, account receivables and payables, overruns and change orders), progress reports, invoice review, subcontract, and vendor invoice review.
- Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
- Provide Project Managers with ongoing resource management and related support.
- Mitigate resource concerns by reallocating resources, adjusting goals, or assigning additional staff.
- Collaborate, communicate, and coordinate with project managers, other project control specialists and coordinators, and senior staff to pro-actively anticipate project needs.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Team and customer service oriented, detail oriented, self-motivated, flexible, and results driven.
- Strong people skills and reasoning ability to solve practical problems.
- The ability to work independently and with project managers, staff, client, and agency representatives.
- Able to ‘multi-task’ regularly with multiple deadlines
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS-Office, MS-Outlook, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Smartsheet, and Internet/Intranet technologies.
- Experience in project planning.
- Excellent organizational and administrative capabilities.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- At least seven years of relevant environmental and/or A/E/C experience.
- At least five years of experience in a project coordination, project controls or administrative/organizational role involving project management financial tracking.
- Bachelors degree in a business related or environmental related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Deltek Vision or similar software.
- Familiarity with environmental protection laws including National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480-581-5378. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.