Li-Cycle is seeking a Senior Process Engineer to support The Rochester Hub project and as well as provide leadership and mentorship to junior and intermediate process engineers.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Development of test plans and review of testing results completed to optimize the process and support start-up of the hydrometallurgical plant.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for hydrometallurgical design for the Rochester Hub.
- Interact with key execution partners for the Rochester Hub project.
- Review engineering and vendor deliverables to ensure alignment with specifications and process design.
- Regularly communicate with multiple Li-Cycle teams, including the Rochester Hub Engineering team, Rochester Hub Operations, and Research & Development
- Support the Rochester Hub commissioning and start-up team, as needed, including spending time in Rochester, NY.
- Participate in key design reviews such as P&IDs, equipment layout and HAZOP to ensure that the construction completion and commissioning requirements are incorporated in the design of the Hub.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Chemical Engineering / Process Engineering
- Extensive technical knowledge in the field of hydrometallurgy.
- Project management and engineering experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- A can-do, hands-on approach and able to work well to prioritize workload to meet project needs.
- Proven ability to work with a team.
- Flexible, adaptable, collaborative and passionate, willing to work across the design, construction and operations teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self-directed
- Demonstrated organizational skills with strong oral and written communication abilities
- A hands-on contributor with a desire to work in a dynamic, mission-driven environment
- Ability to deal with sensitive topics in a tactful, diplomatic and professional matter at all times.
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional oral communication, writing and editing skills
- Excellent telephone and email etiquette
- Motivated, methodical, and optimistic