Overview of the role
As a rapidly growing organization, reach52 is actively seeking an experienced Senior Manager, Data and Insights to lead efforts in all things data and insights from the data sets in the reach52 app suite, working with internal and external stakeholders alike, and ensuring that reach52 remains and strongly grows as a data-driven organization.
Title: Senior Manager, Data and Insights
Employment: Permanent, full time
Start Date: ASAP
Location: One of reach52’s core countries (Singapore, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Kenya). Open to remote.
Reporting to: Director, Community Operations and Insights. Dotted line to CTO/Tech Lead.
The core and responsibilities for this role will be:
- Own data insights, visulations and insight generation projects and duties for the core business.
- Continuously improve and maintain the reach52 data infrastructure, ensuring efficient high data integrity at all times.
- Revamp, own and manage data visualizations for reach52’s business lines.
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to understand data and insights needs.
- Design, own and implement product roadmap items relevant to data and insights (e.g. demand forecasting, automation of data validation), working internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements and feedback.
- Provide wider business insights narrative based on data reports generated from reach52 data.
- Further enhance and enforce data governance standards to ensure the accuracy, consistency, and security of organisational data.
- Oversee and support Data and Insights Team operations to ensure timely and accurate generation of output, within the agreed upon standards.
- Take a proactive approach to business process re-engineering, internal control objectives, and best practices to identify gaps, and improve data and insights for the organization as a whole.
- Prepare standardised country and business line reports and provide country teams with valid data counts, ensuring that country teams understand the processes and timelines.
- Work with cross-functional teams to monitor delivery against targets, then escalate when necessary to Group Senior Management.
- Lead the Data and Insights Team in identifying, addressing and reporting data and insights issues, if any.
- Work with the Operations Team to accurately collate, process, validate and present reach52 app data from Agents to process Agent payments.
- Work with the Campaigns Team to provide analysis and insights for partner-funded campaigns (e.g. market research in reach52 communities).
- Work with the Business Development team in generating tailor-fit insights to support partnership opportunities between reach52 and potential clients.
- Support ad hoc data requests from the different functions at reach52 to ensure completion of relevant work streams and tasks.
- Ensure compliance, including implementation of projects such as process improvement, with data privacy and quality standards, regulations, and successfully lead, then conclude audits, if any.
- Maximize the usage of technology in day-to-day operations, such as the Office 365 suite and data and insights software, to ensure proper documentation and efficiency.
- Own and deliver relevant Technology Objectives and Key Results (‘OKRs’).
The ideal candidate will likely possess:
- A degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science or equivalent, coupled with a minimum of 5-10 years of Data and Insights experience.
- Highly valued experience, in startups and the following industries (or similar):
- Consumer Health/FMCG
- Healthcare/Digital Health
- Expertise in data and insights tools, languages, and databases (e.g., Python, SQL such as BigQuery, noSQL DB such as MongoDB, PowerBI, etc.).
- A strong technical background like technical expertise in ETL tools, data warehouse design, data modelling, database administration, data validation, etc.
- A modern Data and Insights mindset, emphasizing transparency, accountability, and a culture of growth and empowerment, with evidence in implementing modern Data and Insights solutions and projects.
- Experience in working with multiple markets/functions and operating in a regional Data and Insights capacity, particularly within companies operating in Singapore, India, Philippines, Indonesia, Kenya and/or South Africa.
- Detailed and updated knowledge of all things data, including artificial intelligence, machine learning, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate technical topics in an intuitive way to less technical business stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, process improvement capabilities, and collaboration skills with cross-country/function teams to deliver impactful results within deadlines.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and adapt to changing priorities for long-term positive outcomes.
- Passion for continuous learning, development, and empowering others.
- Strong mastery of the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Access to reliable personal devices and internet suitable for professional work.
For Singapore applicants, this is open to existing work pass holders and local citizens for application.