Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The Role: Senior Learning and Development Specialist
Who are you?
The Senior Learning and Development Specialist will establish learning and people development programs throughout the employee life cycle. Working with the People and Culture team, and Leaders across the business, this position will contribute to Training, Talent Management, Onboarding, Learning Systems, and Leadership Development. The role will further a learning culture at Svante in order to deliver on the company Business goals and Purpose.
- Create and deliver learning content for all levels, using Instructional Design and excellent facilitation skills.
- Implement and maintain a Learning Management System to level-up learning at Svante.
- Design and implement in-house Leadership Development programs to advance manager skills and leadership behaviours.
- Advance the new hire employee experience through a remarkable Onboarding Program.
- Contribute to a learning culture through creating learning community and sharing.
- Assess learning needs, analyze the effectiveness of training programs, and present the impact of learning and development of learning on individual and company.
- Manage Learning and Development policies, process, and programs such as: Education Reimbursement, Monthly Learning Labs.
- Support in identifying and developing the next generation of leaders at Svante.
- Design and run talent management programs such as: career development, performance management, high-potential development, talent reviews.
- Assist with the company coaching program and maintain the roster of external coaches.
- Suggest process improvements to enhance team capabilities.
- Contribute to change management across the business.
- Identify improvements to organizational culture and contribute to a healthy team culture.
- Keep up with industry trends in learning and development.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or Business, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of previous experiencein Human Resources
- Complete knowledge in Learning and Development, Talent Management.
- Creative problem-solving skills to address a wide range of possible issues.
- Works independently, with review only at critical points.
- Adapts style to differing audiences and often advises others on difficult matters.
- Meticulous with Instructional Design and a skilled facilitator.
- Organized, manages time, balances multiple priorities and stakeholders, and meets deadlines.
- Excellent project management skillset, team-oriented and collaborative.
- High customer service orientation and view towards the end result.
- Espouses Svante’s core values and is driven by the challenge to reverse human impact on the climate.
- Understands overall business strategy and operations; how the business serves customers and makes money.
- Continuous learner.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.