ELEVATE is hiring a
Senior / Full Stack Software Developer
Who we are
At ELEVATE, we offer a unique and impactful career journey designed to empower our teams to influence change. Join our team for a truly international experience. Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will have exposure to and support our global best-in-class team across 100 countries from Finance to HR to IT. In line with ELEVATE’s mission to use business and innovation to be a drive transformational change, this is your opportunity to lead the operations of an organization that is a driver of meaningful and lasting impact that effectively improves people’s lives and preserves our planet.
At IT, we’re using the cutting-edge technologies and approaches to support the operations the best. In our IT portfolio, we have multiple projects that are the ones of their kind and the ways for making them real are always innovative. To name a few: Our GraphQL backends are using microservice architecture utilizing the benefits of advanced GraphQL Federation approaches. Our front-end is fully decoupled from back-end and is well-tuned for best performance. We’re using best tools for error and performance monitoring to maintain the best possible experience for the users for our digital services. Our brave and decisive developers will be strong partners of yours in building a remarkable IT product.
Job overview at a glance
ELEVATE is seeking a passionate, detail-oriented Senior Full Stack Software Developer with a strong understanding of modern web application tools and best practices. The developer will play a major role in developing data-driven applications that will transform the way brands and retailers assess their supply chains and drive improvements. You will have the opportunity to work at a dynamic and fast-growing company, with an experienced agile team to build robust and high performing applications and tackle interesting engineering challenges.
Who you are
Are you thrilled by the idea of working in a business that aims tackle the world’s biggest challenges? Do you want to work:
· on environmental, social and governance issues
· with an amazing team of like-minded creative thinkers
· in a fast-paced dynamic environment
· for some of the biggest and most forward-looking brands in the world
· Accountable for building high quality, robust & scalable web applications using Node.js and ReactJS; working across full stack from an end-to-end perspective on cloud platform
· Support ELEVATE's global product development teams. Take leadership in designing, developing application on the defined requirements and standards (engineering, QA, and DevOps to ensure projects are completed on time and of high quality.)
· Conduct code reviews with team members and educate through constructive comments
· Writing and running unit test cases
· Attend all Scrum events and collaborate with the team globally.
· Other duties as assigned
· 7+ years of experience in software development
· Hands-on experience in web front-end development React JS, and knowledge of pure HTML5/CSS/JS design
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in web back-end development with Node.js, with an added advantage of familiarity with the Ruby on Rails framework.
· Strong knowledge of RESTful services and API design, and a solid understanding of web stacks
· Experience with querying database both using ORM and SQL in optimal ways
· Ability to develop clean/maintainable code, that is highly performant and secure by design
· Proficient with Git (GitLab) and Docker
· Knowledge of CI/CD tools like Gitlab CI and Jenkins
· Ability to design and implement data model (database schemas) and data pipeline to support business processes
· Ability to implement automated unit tests
· Experience of working as a part of Scrum team. Actively participate in all the Scrum events.
· Strong written and spoken English skills
Good to have
· Familiarity with GraphQL (Apollo flavour)
· Knowledge of TypeScript
· Knowledge of any of the cloud computing platforms (preferably AWS)
Equal Opportunity Employer
ELEVATE is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at ELEVATE, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.elevatelimited.com/careers/