Job Title: Senior Executive Assistant, Office of CEO
Start Date: Immediately
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer and President
Eligibility: Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States (i.e., US citizen or holding current work authorization)
Verra is a global leader helping to tackle the world’s most intractable environmental and social challenges. As a mission-driven non-profit organization, Verra is committed to helping reduce greenhouse gas emissions, improve livelihoods, and protect natural resources across the private and public sectors. We support climate action and sustainable development with standards, tools, and programs that credibly, transparently, and robustly assess environmental and social impacts and enable funding for sustaining and scaling up projects that verifiably deliver these benefits. We work in any arena where we see a need for clear standards, a role for market-based mechanisms, and an opportunity to generate significant environmental and social value.
Verra manages a portfolio of standards, including the:
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS)-- the world’s leading carbon crediting program, with more than 1600 registered projects in 80 countries, and accounting for two-thirds of all voluntary carbon market transaction volume.
- Sustainable Development Verified Impact Standard (SD VISta)-- a flexible framework for assessing and reporting on the sustainable development benefits of project-based activities.
- Climate, Community & Biodiversity (CCB) Standards-- to identify projects that simultaneously address climate change, support local communities and smallholders, and conserve biodiversity.
- Plastic Waste Reduction Program-- to enable robust impact assessment of new or scaled-up waste recovery and recycling projects around the globe.
As Senior Executive Assistant, you will support the CEO and President of Verra. Our ideal candidate will have exemplary communication skills, organization skills, and attention to detail. In this role, you will be exposed to all aspects of the organization. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to learn about climate change and sustainable development and develop within a fast-growing organization.
Verra’s HQ is in Washington, DC. However, this position is designated as remote. Occasional travel to the office and/or for national meetings or organizational off-sites will be required.
A day in our collaborative office might include...
- Managing the calendars of the CEO and President while prioritizing and scheduling as needed, including handling complex scheduling needs that include multiple people across several organizations in different time zones.
- Setting up meetings, which will include ensuring any briefing materials are prepared and easily accessible, accurately logging all contacts and meetings in our management software (such as SuiteCRM), and tracking follow-up
- Helping the CEO and President prepare for meetings with staff and external stakeholders, including drafting PPT presentations and talking points for meetings and conferences in which the CEO and/or President will
- Effectively scheduling business travel, including flights, accommodations, and meals, as well as managing expense reports and logistics during CEO and President travel.
- Proactively managing all schedule-related emails, escalations, and subsequent priority and calendar changes.
- Provide general administrative support to the Verra CEO office, including managing agendas, attending meetings, documenting decisions and action items from staff meetings, and other daily support as needed.
- Contacting other directors and C-suite executives to set up discussions with the Verra CEO and President and ensure preparation of team dashboards and updates.
- Handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Perform accounts payable processing, including handling expense reports and maintaining detailed files.
Specific functions you will be responsible for leading...
- Providing administrative support to the CEO and President, including scheduling and supporting meetings, taking notes where appropriate, and administering contact management by entering, updating, and tracking key contacts and follow-ups.
- Organizing executive management team retreats.
- Tracking stakeholder queries that get elevated to either the CEO and/or the President until they are resolved, or the query has been taken on by other staff.
- Participating in cross-organizational activities, such as helping to plan the annual retreat.
You bring with you...
- A well-developed capacity for exercising discretion and judgment in the conduct of your
- A demonstrated ability to work with a broad and diverse team to support the CEO and the President.
- A pleasant, professional
- Relevant education and at least five years of work experience supporting executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with fluency in English a Fluency in other languages beyond English, would be an asset.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with many individuals, from internal staff to external stakeholders, and an ability to maintain a professional approach and demeanor in high-pressure situations.
- Cultural awareness enables you to work well with stakeholders and partners from different countries and
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills that enable close cooperation and resolution of critical
- An ability to manage multiple competing priorities (calendaring, assignments, emergent work)
- Basic event organizing
- Demonstrated use of Microsoft suite, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and CRM systems.
- A strong interest in the areas of climate change, sustainability, and corporate
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by...
- Supporting a CEO and President who are leading an organization going through a tremendous growth
- Being an integral and valued part of a growing organization.
- Acquiring knowledge about climate change and sustainability.
You will know you are successful if...
- The office of the CEO is efficient and organized.
- All meetings and contacts are scheduled, logged, and tracked effectively.
- All CEO and President travel is well organized and supported.
- The CEO and President are able to optimize their time both internally and externally as needed.
You will join a team...
From diverse locations and backgrounds, including carbon market experts, ex-government representatives, auditors, and more.
Committed to driving finance to projects and programs that advance climate action and sustainable development through high-quality standards and programs.
That embodies the values Verra has established for itself, which include Teamwork, Results, Integrity, Balance, and Exploration.
Compensation at Verra
To help us attract and retain top talent, we pay employees competitively to the market. In return, we expect each employee to, at a minimum:
- Meet expectations in terms of work effort and performance
- Take the initiative to build the skills and knowledge needed to do their job effectively; and
- Embody Verra’s values.
For this position, the salary range is $87,275 - $96,625 USD
We will recognize employees who go beyond expected performance with salary increases and/or promotions, but the bar for earning those rewards is high.
Salary is one component of Verra’s total compensation package, which also includes:
- Health, vision and dental care, and life insurance;
- Verra contributions to each employee’s retirement plan;
- Verra contributions as required by national labor laws in countries where staff are located;
- Paid Time Off (PTO), sabbatical, and other leave allowances; and
- Funds to support professional
How to Apply
To apply, please send us the following:
- Cover letter (not to exceed one page)
- Resume/CV (not to exceed two pages)
*Please add app.bamboohr.com to your contact list to ensure you receive emails from us*
Verra provides equal opportunity for all job applicants and employees and is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We conduct our recruitment and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.