Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought leader, a trusted advisor and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
Dillon’s Mechanical & Electrical group is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
At Dillon, we operate as one team. This position is available at the Winnipeg office with the opportunity for flexible and remote work arrangements to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
What your day will look like
Project Management & Design
- Management of a variety of multidisciplinary projects for both public and private sector clients across the company, with particular emphasis on the electrical component of such projects
- Contribution of technical expertise on a variety of multi-disciplinary projects including:
- Preparation of electrical design drawings including single line diagrams, site plans, power and distribution floor plans, lighting layouts, fire alarm layouts, motor controls, panel board schedules, and equipment schedules.
- Preparation of wiring diagrams and electrical details
- Photometric analysis of lighting systems
- Voltage drop calculations
- Preparation of contract documents and specifications
- Site visits and contract administration
- Provide on-site services for inspections, equipment start-up, and commissioning
- Development of client relationships and business development activities including proposal preparation (initiation and submission), reports and presentations
- Business travel to other Dillon offices upon request
Learning & Development
- Technical guidance of junior electrical professionals (including engineers and technologists)
- Contributions to Dillon’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies
- Contribution to technical and professional leadership within the firm
What you will need to succeed
- A degree in electrical engineering
- Licensed to practice as a professional engineer in Manitoba, or eligible to be licensed within six months
- A minimum of 10-15 years’ of related professional experience
Demonstrated success and expertise in both project management and business development
Demonstrated success leading teams of technical professionals on multi-disciplinary projects
Comprehensive understanding of the electrical component of renewable energy-related projects
Extensive experience in:
Medium and low voltage distribution
Motor protection and control
Emergency power generation
Fire alarm systems
Video surveillance systems
Grounding and bonding
Hazardous area classification
Short circuit, coordination, and arc-flash studies
Experience in performing on site services for:
- Condition assessments
- Construction observation and inspection
- Equipment site acceptance testing
- Start-up and commissioning
Proficiency in providing technical leadership to a team of professionals
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
Why choose Dillon
Dillon is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation, and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
We live our core values:
- Reliability: words result in actions that build trust;
- Achievement: do the work to hit the target;
- Continuous development: always learning; always adapting; always growing;
- Creativity: discover new possibilities;
- Courage: do the things that matter, especially when it’s hard;
- Inclusiveness: enabling belonging to draw strength from our differences.
In addition, we offer:
- Employee share purchase plan
- Dillon is 100% employee owned and share ownership is open to all employees.
- A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
- Student loan repayment assistance with matching employer contributions
- Flexible work hours and remote working options
- Dillon values its staff and the contributions that are made each day and understands that work arrangements can differ based on personal needs and business needs. We are taking a trust-based approach to oﬀer a variety of ﬂexible and remote work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life.
- Learning and Development opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles. The creation and sharing of knowledge allows us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery. The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization.
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal, learning opportunities.
- Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance. In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities.
- Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees.
- Wellness Subsidy
- Our employees can take advantage of wellness subsidy that can be put towards expenses for a variety of health and/or wellness related activities such as gym membership, purchase of home fitness equipment, yoga classes and dance classes
Dillon is a proudly Canadian, employee-owned, professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management. We partner with clients to provide committed, collaborative, and inventive solutions to complex, multi-faceted projects. With 20 offices and more than 1000 employees across Canada, Dillon offers a wide range of services related to building and improving facilities and infrastructure, protecting the environment, and developing communities.
Now operating for over 75 years, we continue to strive for excellence in everything we do. Dillon has been listed as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the past 16 years and has the distinction of having achieved Platinum Club member status in this program.
Employment Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Dillon:
Dillon is committed to the principles of employment equity, inclusiveness, and diversity within our organization. We strive to achieve a workplace where opportunities are based on skills and abilities and that respects and values differences.
Inclusion is more than a word to us, it is the way we choose to run our business.
Please connect with us if you require accommodation in the interview process. We would love to hear from you!