ELEVATE is hiring a
Senior Consultant, Sustainability Consulting, North America
New York City
Who we are
LRQA Sustainability (formerly ELEVATE) is the global market leader in ESG, sustainability, and supply-chain solutions. We design, build, and manage data-driven, sustainability-linked programs with assessment, advisory, program management and analytics solutions. With 120+ offices globally (and still growing), we offer a unique opportunity to work on real issues that span the globe and positively impact people, communities, and the planet.
Our Consulting experts use data and analytics from our proprietary EiQ supply chain intelligence platform to help clients develop and execute ESG sustainability strategies with a focus on supply chains. Our projects in North America revolve around helping companies source responsibly, navigate the energy transition, strengthen management systems, and ensure product integrity.
Our clients include many of the world’s leading companies across all sectors, including consumer goods, retail, food/agriculture, electronics, renewable energy, and electric vehicles.
Fasten your seatbelt for an energetic and dynamic experience where you will partner with world class leaders on solving some of the most pressing issues of our time in new and innovative ways!
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate professional to help grow our practice and to design and implement leading ESG programs for our clients. This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with senior stakeholders at companies (e.g., sustainability/ESG, sourcing and/or procurement teams), investment firms, and law firms.
Our ideal candidate is motivated by the opportunity to work at the cutting edge of ESG & sustainability and is energized by fast-paced, innovative, and challenging environments.
· Minimum 7+ years professional experience in management consulting and/or sustainability/ESG.
· Expertise in sustainability strategy, responsible sourcing, GHG emissions measurement & management, human rights due diligence, and/or other relevant topics.
· Established track record of contributing to business development / sales (e.g., opportunity cultivation, proposal writing, project scoping, negotiation)
· Master’s degree in a relevant discipline preferred.
· Plus: Experience with environmental standard-setting and disclosure bodies (e.g., SBTi & VCMI), GHG accounting frameworks (e.g., GHG Protocol), environmental attribute registries, and climate / ESG reporting frameworks (e.g., TCFD, CDP, GRI, & SASB) with relevant technical skills.
· Plus: Familiarity with critical texts related to workers’ rights in supply chains (including the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights & the OECD Guidelines for Multinational Enterprises) and with key related processes for businesses (e.g., human rights due diligence, salient risk analysis, Human Rights Impact Assessments, and supplier mapping).
· Project Leadership
o Serve as both project and business development lead for major client relationships; establish themselves as key client thought partner and point of contact.
o Independently lead teams to develop high-quality analyses and product outputs for clients, such as: double materiality analyses, responsible sourcing roadmaps, supply chain risk analyses, climate risk analyses, etc.; client deliverables should synthesize complex findings into concise themes and should contain actionable recommendations.
o Plan and manage projects in a way that accounts for and ensures profitability.
· Business Development
o Actively contribute to business development efforts, including expanding existing client relationships and generating/cultivating opportunities with new clients. Includes all aspects of Business Development: end-to-end proposal writing, presentations, budget preparation, and communication/negotiation with clients and potential clients.
· Team Management
o Manage associates and / or consultants, both as part of project work and as part of independent managerial duties; set clear expectations for team members and provide timely and useful feedback.
o Build positive team environment; should be viewed internally as a team leader.
· Thought Leadership / Knowledge Management
o Develop thought leadership at the organizational level, including by writing blog posts, newsletters, and technical articles, and by speaking at high-level corporate events.
o Lead development and refinement of specific products and services
The Right Candidate will possess:
Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
· Strong information and data processing skills. Advanced Excel capabilities are a plus.
· Strong analytical abilities, including multiple approaches to reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving.
· Attention to detail and conceptual/systems thinking.
Communication and Presentation Skills:
· Strong writing skills and a high bar for output quality (e.g., leading teams to develop compelling presentations and proposals).
· Strong verbal communication skills (e.g., active listening, persuasion, public speaking); Ability to present ideas in a clear and succinct manner.
Business Development Skills:
· Ability to lead and/or contribute to business development / sales (e.g., opportunity cultivation, proposal writing, project scoping, negotiation)
Time Management and Organizational Skills:
· Effective time management and organizational skills.
· Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast-moving, and changing work environment.
Expertise and Credibility:
· Ability to quickly establish credibility and demonstrate expertise across topics and sectors.
· Capacity to work across different time zones, i.e., to hold meetings outside of regular local working hours when required.
Interpersonal and Leadership Skills:
· Relationship building and networking skills.
· Negotiation and persuasion skills.
· Fluency in written and spoken English; additional language(s) preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LRQA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by local law. Personal data provided by applicants will be treated as confidential information
and will be used exclusively for employment purposes only. Only short-listed candidates will be notified. Applicants who are not invited for an interview may consider their applications filed for future reference.
To learn more about career opportunities at LRQA, please visit our Careers Page here: https://www.lrqa.com/en-us/careers/