ELEVATE is seeking a Senior Consultant with experience in sustainability consulting to join our Advisory team in Hong Kong or Singapore.
Who we are
ELEVATE is the global market leader in ESG, sustainability, and supply-chain services. Our focus is on delivering ESG program effectiveness and impact to the world’s leading companies. We design, build, and manage data-driven, sustainability-linked programs that drive positive impact, with assessment, advisory, program management and analytics solutions. With 30+ offices globally (and still growing), we offer a unique opportunity to work on real issues that span the globe and positively impact people, communities, and the planet.
Job overview at a glance
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate professional to join our team and support clients to address their most pressing sustainability challenges, from responding to human rights crises to developing responsible sourcing strategies. This role will be client-facing and require direct engagement with clients’ Sustainability/ESG, Social Compliance, or Procurement teams.
You will work with private-sector clients, many of which are major global companies, spanning a variety of sectors, including consumer goods, retail, food/agriculture, finance, real estate and electronics. You will be part of the Asia-Pacific Advisory team and will work with, and learn from, ELEVATE experts from teams across the globe.
We are looking for entrepreneurial individuals who will be motivated by the opportunity to work in a rapidly growing and successful business at the cutting edge of sustainability and to partner with world-class leaders to take on some of the planet’s most pressing ESG challenges.
Who you are
- Passionate about sustainability and ESG issues, including business and human rights, social sustainability and supply-chain sustainability
- An entrepreneurial self-starter and continuous learner who is always innovating and 'getting things done'
- A structured problem-solver, critical and creative thinker, and effective communicator
- Motivated by working on complex challenges in a fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic work environment
- A team player who thrives in multi-cultural teams and contributes to a positive, open atmosphere
Duties & Responsibilities
- Independently manage and contribute to delivery of ESG/sustainability projects, including team management, client engagement, project administration, quality control, and internal reporting
- Independently contribute to business development through proposal writing, pipeline management, pitches/presentations, client cultivation, and raising ELEVATE’s profile
- Manage staff allocated to projects and contribute to broader team development through mentoring, training, and promoting a positive open team atmosphere
- Partner with senior leaders, customer leads, and other product leads to support/lead the design and development of effective programs, products, and services that respond to client needs
- Uphold standards of ELEVATE platforms and systems, including project management systems, business development systems, and other processes
Experience & Requirements
- 5-7+ years of experience in a relevant field
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field required
- Consulting experience, including management of project teams and business development, required
- Experience and expertise at the intersection of supply chains and ESG/sustainability (e.g., human rights, responsible sourcing, labor migration, ethical recruitment, environmental issues) required
- Fluent in written and spoken English; fluency in a regional language preferred
- Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work virtually, one-on-one, and in a team
- Ability to influence without formal authority
- Capacity to work across different time zones and to hold meetings outside of regular local working hours
- Skilled with Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other professional software fundamentals