About the opportunity
The role of the Senior Security & Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is to plan, coordinate, and execute project and operational activities to sustain and improve SWCA’s cloud technology infrastructure and cybersecurity program. This role will primarily be responsible for security systems and controls deployment and management, including SASE and firewall technologies, cloud and on-premise systems and network installation, administration, maintenance, updates, performance, planning, documentation, measurement and reporting, and optimization. Tier 4/expert level troubleshooting and problem solving required, as is a working understanding of connected networks or systems such as servers, storage, datacenter/cloud applications and utilities including Office 365 and VPN technologies, WAN/LAN connectivity, and client environments. This is a full-time, permanent position, and can be worked remotely.
What you will accomplish
Strategy & Planning
- Plans and executes technology initiatives to design, build, and maintain, SWCA’s enterprise security and cloud infrastructure and associated project portfolio, including but not limited to security systems, cloud and data center infrastructure management and evolution, virtualization and virtual desktop systems, backups, georedundant cloud infrastructure, mobility and remote access services, wireless networks, enterprise-scale messaging environments, active directory integration, WAN, LAN, software-defined internetworking, and innovative end user computing solutions.
- Analyzes infrastructure technology trends and works with technology leadership to develop infrastructure strategy, solutions, architecture, and delivery processes designed for stability, agility and cost effectiveness
- Leads and participates in day to day security and infrastructure operations incident response, problem solving, and monitoring to maintain the stability and high performance of SWCA systems
- Provides hands-on expertise in solving advanced technical problems and working with teams to develop long-term, scalable solutions
- Recommends and implements operational security and infrastructure changes as well as improvements to tools and processes
- Manages documentation, internal training, and support transition/ongoing improvement for enterprise systems, leads documentation efforts for the security and infrastructure teams
- Coaches and mentors junior staff on industry best practices
- Complies with all SWCA and technology department policies and procedures, including those for equipment, hardware, software, security, access, and change management in conjunction with department leads and department-specific requirements
- Measures performance of security and infrastructure systems and reports on KPIs, provides recommendations for remediation
Experience and qualifications for success
Formal Education & Certification
- University degree or college diploma in Network Engineering, Cybersecurity, or equivalent experience
- ISC2, Microsoft or VMWare advanced certifications preferred
- Ability to provide Tier 3-4 Support
- Must have a solid understanding of Office 365 and Azure management and administration
- Experience with Microsoft on-premise tools (AD, GPO, SCCM) and cloud tools (Azure AD)
- Ability with Powershell scripting (able to script and run things on servers/in Azure)
Knowledge & Experience
- 7+ years of direct work experience in infrastructure and/or cybersecurity
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards.
- Background working with Windows Server and VMWare preferred
- Experience working with Palo Alto and Juniper network systems and devices preferred
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Easily adaptable to rapidly shifting priorities based on business requirements.
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to document all work and explain complex infrastructure concepts to non-technical colleagues and stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Customer service skills an asset.
- Must be willing and able to travel to SWCA offices and manage some off-hours changes/ implementations or on-call hours as needed. Up to 30% travel may be required for equipment and datacenter maintenance, lifecycle management/upgrades, and moves/adds/changes.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.