Position Summary: The Salesforce Administrator plays a crucial role in optimizing and managing our Salesforce platform to support our mission-driven initiatives. This position offers an exciting opportunity for an individual with a passion for technology and a commitment to making a positive impact in the non-profit sector.
- Salesforce Configuration and Customization:
- Customize and configure Salesforce to meet the organization's specific needs.
- Develop and maintain custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, workflows, and process builder flows.
- User Support and Training:
- Provide ongoing support to Salesforce users, addressing inquiries, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring user adoption.
- Develop and deliver training programs for staff to maximize their use of Salesforce functionality.
- Data Management:
- Oversee data integrity and cleanliness within Salesforce by implementing best practices for data hygiene.
- Import, export, and manipulate data as needed, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- System Integration:
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate Salesforce with third-party applications and tools.
- Ensure seamless data flow between Salesforce and other organizational systems.
- Reporting and Dashboards:
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards to provide key stakeholders with insights into organizational performance.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and refine reporting metrics to align with organizational goals.
- Security and Compliance:
- Implement and maintain security measures to safeguard sensitive data.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and organizational policies.
- System Upgrades and Enhancements:
- Stay informed about Salesforce updates and new features.
- Coordinate and execute system upgrades, implementing new features and enhancements.
- Familiarity with Apex, Visualforce, Tableau and Lightning components is a plus.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in information technology field or relative work experience.
- ITILv3/v4 Foundations Certification or experience with ITSM methodologies.
- Familiarity with HIPAA Compliance, FERPA Compliance, PCI-DSS Compliance, and NIST Framework.
- Minimum of two years of project management experience.
- Minimum of two years of technical/customer service experience.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office 365 platform, applications, and networking.
- Salesforce Administrator certification (ADM 201) is required.
- Proven experience as a Salesforce Administrator, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Strong understanding of non-profit business processes and fundraising workflows.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be committed to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission.
- Experience troubleshooting both local and wide area network issues.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have very strong experience troubleshooting, supporting, installing, and maintaining the Microsoft suite of products.
- Must function well in group and team settings.
- Must possess interpersonal skills that excel in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills.
- Able to work with staff of various technical skill levels.
- Communication: Uses effective written and oral communication with internal staff, teams, and community served; demonstrates empathy and listening
- Client orientation: Recognizes needs of diverse stakeholders and approaches relationships with a service orientation, to ultimately maximize the impact
- Equity mindset: Understands and is committed to goals of equity, consistently brings an equity mindset to the organization’s work and workplace
- Growth mindset: Views growth as important for personal and professional development; seeks out opportunities to expand skills, even if the change is required, demonstrates curiosity and eagerness to learn
- Ownership and quality of work: Effectively manages own work, and the work of the team to ensure delivery of high-quality work
- Supervisory skills: Effectively manages and develops others
- Mission drive: Demonstrates commitment to the missing of the organization as a whole and alignment with organization values
Leadership Core Competencies:
- Continuous improvement-minded: Takes initiative to identify and execute strategies and processes to continuously improve one’s leadership to strengthen organization’s overall impact.
- Develops and motivates others: Motivates others and supports their development through strong coaching and mentoring. Effectively stewards self and others through both small and large scale change**. **
- External representation and relationship building: Represents the organization among external stakeholders, and builds strong, trusting relationships with stakeholders
- Leads with vision: Has an inspiring vision for the future of the organization, beyond the status quo, and communicates it effectively; leads with courage and willingness to take risks in service of impact
- Manages with data: Understands data; analyzes data and identifies insights and implications
- Strategic thinking and resource management: Considers the future of the organization proactively and responsively; weighs diverse inputs to inform strategies; identifies innovative opportunities when relevant; makes and communicates decisions that effectively balance tradeoffs between financial sustainability and impact
- Team building: Builds strong relationships with teams and colleagues; fosters effective teams and collaborative interactions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to spend extended time on a computer in a workstation.
- Able to work remotely when required with a stable home internet connection and private workspace conducive to video conferencing.
- Some maintenance or preparation work will require atypical work hours such as nights or weekends.
- This job operates in a professional office environment, school setting and working with the public, COVID-19 vaccination is required
At Youth Guidance, we understand that diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I) are fundamental to realizing our vision of bright and successful futures for all young people. We celebrate the diversity of youth and recognize them as empowered leaders, problem-solvers, and experts of their own experiences. At the same time, we acknowledge that many systems and institutions meant to support youth are inequitable and unjust.
As such, we are committed to advancing DE&I through our words and our actions, both internally and externally, by:
- Strengthening cultural competence as well as policies, practices, and organizational structures that foster belonging and leverage the unique backgrounds and talents of staff;
- Offering youth-centered programs that are accessible and responsive to people from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, abilities, sexual identity, gender identity and expression, language, and cultural and religious beliefs and practices;
- Influencing systems that youth, their families, and communities are impacted by, such as schools, organizational networks, governmental bodies, researchers, and the funding community, to apply approaches that embrace DEI in addressing the needs and supporting the aspirations of young people.
Youth Guidance is an equal opportunity employer and proudly values diversity. Youth Guidance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law and is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity along all of these lines. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.