Start Date: December 2022
Location: GVI office in Westlake and Remote working
Hours of work: Flexible working hours, early, including late night shifts (6pm - 2am SAST) and alternating weekend shifts, 8.5 hours a day.
GVI is looking for a passionate, energetic sales person, who is excited to be a part of a company on a mission to make a positive impact. Our ideal candidate should be persuasive and confident and have an excellent phone manner. They should also enjoy engaging with people from all over the world! They should also enjoy engaging with people from all over the world! This person should be
available for our night shift (if based in South Africa) or they have the opportunity to travel to South/Central America to work according to the time zone requirements.
What you will do and why it matters
- Provide expert GVI product knowledge to successfully advise and enrol potential participants
- Build rapport with our potential participants to inspire them to volunteer or intern with GVI
- Work to close the sale to ensure GVI programs have enough participants to run
- Organise and manage your lead accounts on Salesforce to ensure effective and efficient lead handling
- Focus on lead conversions across all channels; nurturing leads and responding to enquiries in an efficient and timely manner
- Maintain a high level of GVI product knowledge, through ongoing training, to ensure accurate advice is provided to match participants onto the right program and manage their expectations accurately
- Prepare participants for their departure to the field, getting them excited and knowledgeable on our program objectives and alignment with the United Nation Sustainable Development Goals
- Liaise with our field staff for project updates to provide accurate and live information on our programs and our program development
- Lead conversion of all incoming leads via multiple channels; enquiries, call backs and applications for the UK, US and Australia
- Lead response time; focusing on fast lead response time
- Volunteer expectation management and program knowledge
What you will need
- Exceptional and demonstrable track record of sales success
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (sales within tourism industry)
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Excellent multi-tasking and administrative skills
- Technically proficient (will operate on systems including Salesforce)
- Exceptional phone manner
- Passionate about making a positive impact in the world
- Experience volunteering or working for GVI would be helpful, but not essential
- Optional: SA citizen, permanent resident or have work permit valid for minimum of 24 months
GVI has the following additional perks:
- Ability to travel to South/Central America
- Access to GVI's Online and Impact Academy online training
- For central support staff: The ability to work remotely from anywhere in the world, including a GVI hub
- In-house psychologist and registered trauma counsellor on the People Team, available for employee wellness counselling and additional wellness resources on demand
More about us
GVI is an international multi-award-winning social enterprise on a mission to build a global network of people united by their passion to make a difference. We run programs in 13 countries worldwide aligned to the objectives of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.GVI is a platform for personal growth, and our staff have the ability to develop themselves across teams, departments, and even locations! We value passion, authenticity, entrepreneurship and innovation and treat all of our stakeholders with respect and compassion above everything else.
You can find out more about the types of work we do, and who we are as an organization here.
Please submit your CV along with a cover letter stating why you feel you would be the best candidate for this role to https://gvi.bamboohr.com/careers/99?source=aWQ9MTk%3D.
*Please also be aware that due to the large volume of applications, we are unfortunately unable to reply to every applicant. If you do not hear from us within three to four weeks, please consider that on this occasion your application was unsuccessful.