At Turn.io our vision is to make effective human support accessible to vulnerable people everywhere.
We're creating a product that allows social impact organisations to have private, personal, guided conversations on chat to improve lives at scale.
We work with small and large social enterprises, non-profits, and governments who are all trying to change the world for the better, using our product. We have a strong focus on health. Here are just a few examples of how some of our customers have used Turn to make an impact:
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Organisation delivered a combined total of 60 million messages to over 15 million people, providing them with instant and easy access to the most accurate and up-to-date information shared by their governments and health organisations.
- The South African National Department of Health improved health outcomes for 450,000 pregnant women through WhatsApp, by providing a 24/7 support line and a self-service knowledge repository that guides women through pregnancy and the first 2 years of a child’s life.
- Guidepost is on a mission to make personalised diabetes coaching available to as many people as possible, providing this service through WhatsApp and helping people with diabetes live a healthier and longer life.
- The United Nations has empowered people to make climate action an integral part of their daily life and be part of the solution to the climate crisis through their “UN Climate Action” WhatsApp service.
- Rising Academy, who is on a mission to create the most powerful teaching and learning tools for the people that need them most, has improved maths educational outcomes for children in Ghana through delivering quizzes and providing tutoring through WhatsApp.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Do you thrive in fast-paced environments and love the challenge of discovering new opportunities? We're looking for a Sales Development Representative to be the frontline of our growth team. In this remote position, you'll play a pivotal role in identifying, reaching out to, and qualifying potential customers for our transformative chat platform. You will be required to maintain our CRM system, prepare reports and manage customer relationships as well as be the back-bone support for the growth team.
- Discover and target potential customers leveraging market analysis and internal strategies.
- Ensure there is a constant target list of minimum 100 Enterprise customers; of which at least 20 are engaged monthly.
- Engage potential customers with compelling outreach via calls, emails, and social platforms.
- Understand the product offerings (Pro, Enterprise and Support) and identify the suitability of products to customers
- Engage and onboard Pro customers autonomously and provide the basic training inputs to set up customer successfully
- Seamlessly transition qualified Enterprise leads to our growth team by setting up meetings and providing support where required
- Keep our CRM updated, managing all sales activities with precision and ensuring that the CRM is aligned to the internal systems
- Prepare reports for weekly growth meetings.
- Provide relationship support to existing customers; including general queries and account management.
- Monitor customer progress and usage of the products and contact customers that are high-risk churn to identify solutions to keep them onboarded.
- Conduct exit interviews with churned customers and monitor customer feedback, collating responses and reporting to Executives.
- Collaborate with our dynamic teams, from product to finance to sales, refining processes, providing support and sharing insights.
That said, the nature of a startup dictates that roles often cover a lot more ground than the job specification suggests and as such we prefer versatilists over specialists. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join a funded startup in its founding years and experience and shape the growth of a product first-hand.
- A Bachelor's degree or relevant experience.
- Portuguese speaking.
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry, particularly sales or customer-facing roles is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Stellar communication skills and the ability to build genuine relationships.
- A proactive mindset with strong organizational prowess.
- A keen interest or background in the social impact sector would be a feather in your cap.
About Us and how we work:
We’re a small global and remote team, from India to Colombia and everywhere in between
We deeply care about our customers, with user-centricity being at the core of how the entire business operates
Transparency and openness are key to us, where everyone is able to voice and contribute to decisions — big or small
We highly value a good work-life balance, kindness, empathy and caring about humans
Location: Remote, -4 to +4 GMT
Competitive, market-related salary
Interested? Apply with your CV and a cover letter telling us why you're interested in working with Turn.io.