- Salary range: £12,000 – 13,000 per annum (depending on experience and adjusted by location)
- Location: This is remote work but candidate based in Africa preferred
- Contract Type: Temporary contract, working part time 17.5 hours per week
- Duration: 01/04/2024 – 29/03/2024
- Reports to: Regional Manager- Africa
- Closing Date: 19/02/2024
- Interviews: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an online interview to be held the week of March 06
- To Apply: Complete and return this application form via our jobs portal. Kindly note that the application form is required; we will not accept CVs. If you need any additional support, please reach out to Giulia Vinzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is a high-impact, global organization. We work closely with allies and partners to advance respect for human rights in business and hold companies accountable for abuse. We do this by empowering human rights advocates in civil society, business, and governments to support bold leadership for human rights in business and strengthened corporate accountability, due diligence, and effective remedy for abuse. We also build transparency of advances, challenges, and abuse of human rights in business. We generate and share information that is relevant, reliable, and up to date, and we work with advocates around the world to use this information to drive positive change that puts human rights at the heart of business.
About the position:
Business and Human Rights Resource Centre is seeking a part-time research assistant to support the Africa team enhance the scope and quality of updates on the organisation’s website, and in development and dissemination of relevant analysis to allies and partners.
Roles & responsibilities
- Support the development and dissemination of the Africa Quarterly Update
- Website responsibilities including inputs and undertaking company responses.
- Support with research, data collection, and analysis for updates to the website, including on natural resources and technology and human right thematic areas.
- Work with the Africa team on communication and dissemination of research and reports, and lead on building communications materials for natural resources, and technology and human rights products.
- Other tasks as required.
- Values: Strong demonstrated commitment to human rights and interest in advancing human rights in corporate supply chains. Shares values and ethos of the Resource Centre.
- Research & analytical skills: Able to search and identify relevant information online; persistent in seeking out difficult-to-find information (e.g., through desk-based research and phone calls); creative in identifying new sources of information. Experienced creating and managing Excel spreadsheets.
- Languages: Fluent English & French-language skills (reading, writing, speaking)
- Communication & Representation: Good writing skills, and strong understanding of how to present complex information in a succinct and balanced way.
- Experience: 1+ years’ work in the field of social responsibility and/or human rights in relation to corporate activity. Experience in researching corporate supply chains and human rights disclosure preferable. Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills required; data visualisation skills preferable.
- Self-initiative and organization: Able to use own initiative and work independently within agreed framework. Strong time management and prioritization skills, and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Teamwork: Able to operate effectively and constructively with colleagues based around the world
Business & Human Rights Resource Centre is a diverse, global team. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone regardless of their background and we acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in progressive movements. We particularly encourage applications from women.
To Apply: Complete and return this application form via our jobs portal. Kindly note that the application form is required; we will not accept CVs. If you need any additional support, please reach out to Giulia Vinzi at email@example.com