Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Release Train Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Coach scrum masters, product managers, and coaches over 50 pods in the Lean and Agile Processes, pushing them to be high performing, especially when agile maturity is low
- Facilitate train-level Ceremonies (Big Room Planning, Inspect and Adapts, Retrospectives, etc) as well as ad hoc ceremonies and difficult conversations using various techniques and methods
- Manage cross-team dependencies for product delivery to ensure a timely release of complete features
- Work with the Product Management team coaching and supporting them in maintaining well-refined backlogs and roadmaps
- Mentor others within the Agile Team, including player-coaches; generous with time to foster an environment where people feel comfortable asking questions
- Own Agile Team initiatives (often spanning more than one sprint or one person) to completion, with an eye toward driving agile adoption and unified practice throughout the pillar and/or Uplight organization
- Monitor the health and agility of pods & pillar organization to proactively identify problems
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Be the oil that keeps the engine of delivery running smoothly
- Drive agile & scrum practice decisions; bring in, sponsor, design and drive high impact initiatives from idea to completion working with other scrum masters and/or coaches to accomplish goals of improving the Scrum & Agile practice at Uplight.
- Own improvements and bring visibility into progress through short feedback loops; follows-up on large projects working with Agile Coaching Office Manager to check on their success with data, feedback, and stakeholders
- Help to identify risks, key gaps, and/or anti-practices in our process that will put our practice at risk, and take the lead on non-trivial initiatives to address those needs.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 3 or more years of experience as a Scrum Master or RTE or 4 or more years with a mix of Agile software development experience, and experience as a scrum master/RTE.
- Active Scrum Master or RTE Certification and training
- Passion for working with multiple teams and scrum masters and coaches.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to clearly communicate and motivate teams toward a common goal
- Background in maturing Agile and Scrum teams and organization.
- Ability to plan and facilitate standard train and team events as well as trainings, and workshops
- You are technical enough to understand the product and what the team is doing
- A hunger to learn and share knowledge within the Uplight Scrum Master Community of Practice and greater Agile community; internal and external
- Experience with diverse set of management practices (Scrum, Kanban, Lean, DevOps, Waterfall)
- Experience with some flavor of long term planning (PI Planning, Big Room Planning, Quarterly Planning).
- Direct experience facilitating long term planning events.
- Familiarity organizing and running product inceptions
- Experience with Jira and Confluence.
- Practice with creating and delivering Agile & Scrum related training content
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $120,000 to $140,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.