Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project MERA Coordinator who will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation system for the effective implementation of the project.
What we provide?
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
While working with us a Project MERA Coordinator you will be in charge of the following,
- Supporting project colleagues in designing and implementing a comprehensive M&E plan for the project in line with the RBM guide.
- Supporting the project colleagues and partner organizations in the process of developing M&E tools
- Providing technical assistance to project colleagues while undertaking monitoring, evaluation and reporting in line with the identified outcomes, and outputs.
- Initiating and leading joint program supportive monitoring.
- Ensuring the regular collection and capturing of beneficiary data into the PDB.
- Organizing M&E trainings for project staffs and partner organizations in line with the SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia RBM guide.
- Designing ToR for mid-term and summative project evaluations as well as baseline studies and ensuring external assessments attain good quality.
- Guiding and supporting project colleagues in the process of developing strategies to improving project M&E activities;
- Contributing to the wide organizational learning by identifying, documenting and disseminating lessons learned, and good practices.
- Regularly reviewing and improving the project M&E system by seeking stakeholder inputs.
- Ensuring that child safeguarding and child protection mainstreaming are integrated into all MERA frameworks through measurable output and outcome indicators;l
- Leading the process of piloting and scaling up local level beneficiary complaints’ mechanisms in relation to staff conduct, with an emphasis on the Child Protection Policy and measure to prevent sexual exploitation of women and childrenRaising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to Child Safeguarding to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Supporting children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
- Education: BA/BSC Degree in Sociology, Economics, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or other relevant field;
- Experience:A minimum of 4 years hand-on experience in managing and executing Monitoring and Evaluation activities for donor-funded programs
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Demonstrated familiarity with and understanding of qualitative and quantitative Monitoring & Evaluation methodologies that incorporate rigorous statistical methods, impact evaluation, participatory Monitoring and Evaluation techniques; and developing and implementing M&E plan and Results Framework.
- Proven experience in leading and managing programs and projects
- Oral and written fluency in English and Amharic;
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player
- Excellent understanding of computer applications
“SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge..
Then send us your application (application letter, detailed CV containing contact detail of there references) electronically through SOS Children Villages Application portal (ICIMS)
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
"Our selection process is a reflection of our engagement and dedication to acquire talents that promote a safe and enabling environment for children and young people."
SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Provider.