SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility the International Office CEE/CIS/ME is looking for a committed and experienced:
Compensation & Benefits Advisor for the region CEE/CIS/ME (f/m)
Location: Vienna/Austria, Almaty/Kazakhstan, Tallinn/Estonia, Skopje/North Macedonia
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead overall roll out, implementation, maintenance and follow up of the compensation and benefits (incl. end of service benefit) system and the regional job architecture.
- Develop and lead the implementation of compensation and benefits system in new countries
- Provide ongoing consultation and expertise to the Member Associations on compensation matters
- Act as reference point for job evaluation, compensation and benefit approach, as well as strategic workforce topic in the region.
- Act as internal advisor on all regional projects/initiatives with a compensation & benefits Execute on the development and implementation of the organisation’s compensation approach and guidelines.
- Proactively monitoring market trends and financial aspects of our compensation, benefits and rewards programmes Job evaluation process for newly created roles impact
- Support countries in the region with implementation and maintenance of the compensation system; incl. job evaluation and benchmarking process
- Foster exchange and knowledge sharing in the topic of compensation and benefits within the region.
- Responsible for Position Management; ensuring regional alignment across all position descriptors of grade, title, classification, FT/ PT, compensation band, status, etc.
- Support regional HROD Director in designing and implementation of salary structure and compensation processes on regional level.
- Lead other compensation projects and initiatives as required.
- University degree in HR, law or related studies (Master is an added advantage)
- A minimum of 8 years relevant compensation and benefits experience, including sound legal knowledge (contracts, payroll, termination benefits, etc.), preferably in an international and/or matrix environment
- Experience with job evaluation methodologies, benchmarking, salary structure design, compensation processes, experience in implementation of salary schemes
- Experience in project management
- Strong numerical and analytical skills is a necessity.
- Proficiency in English. Knowledge of Russian language is an advantage
- Proficiency in all Microsoft office applications
- Strong communication skills and intercultural competence
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- The ability to work in a complex challenging and sensitive environment
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Readiness to travel internationally within the region
Following assets are an advantage:
- Work experience in virtual collaboration (MS teams, Zoom), intercultural team coordination, facilitation skills
- Competitive salary depending on experience/Country of employment
- Working for a meaningful cause
- A range of interesting tasks in a leading international NGO’s multicultural working environment
- Opportunities for learning and development
- A committed and innovative team
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English by 15th Dec 2****022 at the latest