The Quality Production Associate team is a part of Quality Operations, responsible for production readiness of the Welland manufacturing facility. They support quality processes within the manufacturing site and cross-functionally within the Waukesha business unit. They develop an in-depth understanding of quality theories, practices, concepts and principles in all parts of the manufacturing function. They provide technical guidance and solve problems through analysis and leveraging multiple sources of information to deliver a high-quality product to our customers while ensuring quality processes are being met.
- Collaborate with technicians and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure quality readiness of our manufacturing processes.
- Support operations by carrying out Final inspection of Waukesha Engines prior to delivery.
- To be able to clearly understand Customer requirements and identify any shortcomings and take necessary actions to managing non-conforming products.
- Should have a good understanding of Acceptance sampling criteria as per ISO2859.
- Experience in Engine manufacturing is added advantage.
- Should be able to prepare & manage PFMEA, Control Plans & Quality Instructions.
- Experience in ERP transactions related to Quality in Oracle.
- Experience in manufacturing processes like Foundry, Casting, Machining is desired.
- Experience in Kaizen, Problem solving tools like 8D, Cause & Effect desired.
- Ensure and support the conformance of manufacturing processes, including but not limited to: product inspection, witness points and other quality activities including appropriate documentation, quality system updates and ISO compliance.
- Work together with the production shop floor and support teams at the Welland site to share best practices, coordinate quality developments and support quality initiatives and projects.
- Ensure the control and registry of non-conformance parts and the MRB management systems.
- Act as a support and quality subject matter expert when developing corrective action on observed quality and production issues.
- Ensure tools and gauging are maintained for the highest quality standards by evaluating, calibrating and recommending the design of tools and products to support the quality process.
- Support both internal and external process audits within our production to maintain and meet ISO compliance.
- Support the identification of quality related issues and help to coordinate the implementation of corrective and preventative action plans.
- Act as a resource in the support of both services and supplier quality issues management and work closely with supplier quality and sourcing teams to quickly resolve quality concerns.
- Ensure all quality reports and documents are accurately maintained and the data presented is clearly communicated.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Hands on experience in SPC & MSA.
- Strong collaborator who is a positive team player
- Autonomous, results driven and accountable for own actions and takes ownership of decisions
- Able to influence without authority by motivating, creating understanding and accountability to drive change at the quality level.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and coordinate several moderate projects simultaneously
- Effective problem solver and communicator with the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in QDAS and Welland operations quality processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- ASQ-CQE certification preferred.
At INNIO, we offer you
- An innovative and international connected working environment
- Flexible working model and structure
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company matched RRSP program
- Onsite gym facility
- An upbeat atmosphere with a collaborative cross-functional team