What are we looking for?
The Quality Production Associate team will be part of Quality Operations, responsible for production readiness of the Welland manufacturing facility. They will support quality processes within the manufacturing site and cross-functionally within the Waukesha business unit. They will develop an in-depth understanding of quality theories, practices, concepts and principles in all parts of the manufacturing function. They will provide technical guidance and solve problems through analysis and leveraging multiple sources of information to deliver a high-quality product to our customers while ensuring quality processes are being met.
- Collaborate with technicians and cross-functional stakeholders to ensure quality readiness of our manufacturing processes.
- Support operations quality by ensuring the quality assurance of products, services and manufacturing processes.
- Act as a resource for quality assurance and quality control processes within manufacturing operations.
- Ensure and support the conformance of manufacturing processes, including but not limited to: product inspection, witness points and other quality activities including appropriate documentation, quality system updates and ISO compliance.
- Work together with the production shop floor and support teams at the Welland site to share best practices, coordinate quality developments and support quality initiatives and projects.
- Ensure the control and registry of non-conformance parts and the MRB management systems.
- Act as a support and quality subject matter expert when developing corrective action on observed quality and production issues
- Ensure tools and gauging are maintained for the highest quality standards by evaluating, calibrating, and recommending the design of tools and products to support the quality process.
- Support both internal and external process audits within our production to maintain and meet ISO compliance.
- Support the identification of quality related issues and help to coordinate the implementation of corrective and preventative action plans.
- Act as a resource in the support of both services and supplier quality issues management and work closely with supplier quality and sourcing teams to quickly resolve quality concerns.
- Ensure all quality reports and documents are accurately maintained and the data presented is clearly communicated.
- Working as a Quality Associate in Assembly, Machining, and Warehouse division reporting to Sr. Production Quality Manager and take lead in Quality Control activities associated to the role.
- Knowledgeable with basic Quality tools with good problem-solving skills and be able to perform Root Cause Analysis.
- Tracks performance of all operations in Assembly for throughput Yield, FTY @ Testing and DPU @ Final Inspection and drives continuous improvement initiatives towards these objectives including non-conforming metric.
- Ability to program and trouble shoot Cleco controllers and Edmunds units.
- Provide guidance to equipment users, engineers, and other technicians in the proper operation of test and measurement equipment.
- Removes and re-installs test equipment from stations using safe practices.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Strong collaborator who is a positive team player
- Autonomous, results driven and accountable for own actions and takes ownership of decisions
- Able to influence without authority by motivating, creating understanding and accountability to drive change at the quality level.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and coordinate several moderate projects simultaneously
- Effective problem solver and communicator with the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
- Experience in QDAS, 8D preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications