One Tree Planted is looking to hire a Project Manager to help grow our reforestation projects, partnerships and brand across Europe.
One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
We are looking for a dynamic individual to add to our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate would be based in Berlin, Germany or Europe with the flexibility to travel as required for the role, have a Bachelor's degree, 3-5 years of relevant experience, and is a self-starter. You would be supporting our Europe Forest Manager, as well as our larger Global Project Management Team by vetting and overseeing our projects and partnerships in the region from start to finish.
- Seek out new tree planting partners and projects throughout the European region;
- Grow the capacity of existing partnerships and projects to scale up One Tree Planted’s impact in the region;
- Review and vet incoming project proposals, including project design, budget, timeline, projected impacts, carbon sequestration and monitoring protocols;
- Monitor progress with frequent check-ins with planting partners via phone, Zoom, and email;
- Prepare agreements and file them on all required platforms;
- Ensure payments are delivered according to schedule;
- Manage digital reporting platform for major donors and ensure reports are delivered at a consistently high standard;
- Communicate project details to the broader team for fundraising and storytelling purposes;
- Communicate with current and prospective donors about projects and their impacts;
- Collaborate with communications and video production team on marketing and reporting material;
- Sourcing/development of reforestation/carbon projects for major donors that meet their specific sustainability objectives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to work remotely and manage a flexible schedule with frequent international calls
- Excited to speak to lots of different people every day, from Fortune 500 companies to small community groups
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- European language proficiency (German, Spanish, Italian or French) preferred
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs is an asset
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Collegial personality, enthusiastic and a team player
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization
- Your resume.
Only candidates that submit all requirements will be considered.
One Tree Planted is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.