One Tree Planted is a US-based 501(c)(3) non-profit focused on global reforestation. As an environmental charity, we are dedicated to making it easier for individuals and businesses to give back to the environment, create a healthier climate, protect biodiversity, and help reforestation efforts around the world. All by planting trees!
The ideal start date for this position is Immediately.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be based in Africa, preferably in Rwanda, have a Bachelor's degree, 3-5 years of relevant experience, and be a self-starter. You will be working with our Africa Regional Director, supporting TerraFund for AFR100 by vetting and overseeing our projects and partnerships in the region from start to finish.
- Reports to Regional Project Director: Rwanda
Responsibilities of the Project Manager include:
- Manage a portfolio of projects across the region, ensuring projects are completed on schedule and to the highest level of quality
- Grow the capacity of existing partnerships and projects to scale up One Tree Planted’s impact in the region
- Provide support to planting partners on our systems and tools, as well as providing guidance on monitoring and reporting standards, including delineation of site boundaries
- Monitor progress with frequent check-ins with planting partners via phone, Zoom, and email;
- Conduct frequent field visits to project sites to check-in on progress and learn about scaling opportunities with partners (~20%)
- Seek out new planting partners and projects throughout the region, with a particular focus on Africa;
- Review and vet incoming project proposals, including project design, budget, timeline, projected impacts, carbon sequestration, and monitoring protocols
- Prepare agreements and file on all required platforms; ensure payments and reports are delivered according to schedule
- Communicate project details to the broader team for fundraising and storytelling purposes;
- Serve as a key point of contact for enquiries in the region
- Communicate with current and prospective donors about projects and their impacts
- Source / develop reforestation projects or portfolios for major donors that meet their specific sustainability objectives
- Support with reporting and account management for a portfolio of major donor accounts
- Bachelor's Degree (required), Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (which could include project management, account management, environmental sciences, sustainability)
- Bilingual (French and English)
- Based in Western Africa (with a preference for Ghana), or willing to relocate
- Experience with GIS (familiar with the difference between shapefile, KML, GPS, and knows how to view a file using esri software, QGIS, Google Earth, etc.) (preferred)
- Demonstrated interest in the environment/sustainability. Experience with reforestation, community development, and/or carbon projects preferred
- Ability to work remotely and manage a flexible schedule with frequent international calls;
- Ability to travel to the field at least 20% of the time
- Excited to speak to lots of different people every day, from Fortune 500 companies to small community groups
- Proficient with Google Suite and Microsoft Office. Knowledge of platforms such as Airtable, Salesforce or other CRMs is an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated and highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Collegial personality and team player
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
COMPENSATION: typical starting range is [59,509,755 - 65,000,000 Rwandan Francs]which will be based on skills and experience. Annual performance increase may be available but not guaranteed.
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive PTO Plan
- Monthly Health and Wellness stipend
- Yearly bonus
- Travel opportunities, international and domestic
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the position and why you think you would be a good fit with the organization
- Your full curriculum vitae
- The names, titles, addresses, e-mails, and telephone numbers of three referees
Only candidates that submit all requirements will be considered.
One Tree Planted is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.