About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of excellence in GIS design, spatial analytics, cartography, and data management? SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking a Project-Level GIS Analyst for our Albuquerque, NM office. The position will primarily support the geospatial needs of one of our key oil/gas clients, but will also support our broader natural and cultural resources programs. This a full-time, hourly role, with full SWCA benefits.
Our Vision (the North Star)****: Help drive SWCA to be the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability, bringing sound science and creative solutions to global environmental challenges while maintaining a dedication to employee-ownership.
Core Values: We are #OneSWCA and collaborate across all our offices, programs, and disciplines. We are #AlwaysLearning, we #NeverSettle and we #GiveBack. We are 100% employee-owned, and we build our success together. It is imperative for the successful candidate to fit SWCA's unique culture. Do you appreciate sustainability and environmental awareness? Is giving back to your community a priority? SWCA is a team of scientists, planners, technical experts, and corporate services professionals that are committed to our culture.
Purpose**:** Our company purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. You are invited to be a part of our success story.
What you will accomplish
- Act as the main point of contact for projects, and coordinate directly with project managers and our key oil/gas client to meet project deadlines.
- Support GIS workload to ensure that productivity goals are met and that projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment including project managers and other GIS specialists
- Maintain quality of work consistent with SWCA's standards and practices
- Use Esri ArcGIS Pro for data management, production/editing, spatial analytics; and for efficient production of high-quality field maps and report figures
- Follow data management Best Practices and provide technical support for a variety of mobile data collection systems including tablets, GPS receivers, ESRI’s FieldMaps and and Survey123 applications.
- Use workflows integrating traditional desktop GIS and ESRI’s Web GIS platforms, including ArcGIS Online, and Portal.
- Participate in presentations, client interviews, and other business-related geospatial activities.
- Maintain strong client relationships and an understanding of funding that may affect contract opportunities
Experience and qualifications for success
- Minimum of a GIS certificate
- A minimum of three (3) years of professional (geospatial) work outside of university attendance
- Demonstrated knowledge of cartography and computer mapping, including design principles and understanding map creation procedures in ArcGIS
- Strong understanding of topological relationships, proficiency working with complex data sets, and ability to apply creative solutions to spatial problems
- Demonstrated ability for data transfer, data analysis, data mining, and data inventory using a variety of software applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Esri ArcGIS)
- General understanding of basic statistics, and geometric math computations (e.g., summary, distributions, frequency, min/max, range, angles, distance, slope, degrees, area)
- Demonstrated experience with GPS technology, field data collection techniques, data integration to a GIS, and troubleshooting equipment and digital files
- Demonstrated ability to perform spatial analyses while maintaining data integrity
- Bachelor’s degree in Geography, Cartography, Archaeology, Biology, Environmental Science or related field with an emphasis in GIS
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional (geospatial) work beyond university attendance
- Demonstrated experience with automation of common processes using tools such as ArcGIS model builder, python scripting, java script, or other programming/scripting languages
- Ability to produce presentations, and/or written protocol of methods for reports or within metadata to replicate GIS-related analyses or modeling techniques applied on projects
- Prior knowledge and experience with multiuser geodatabases, database schemas, domains, ArcServer/web applications, network analysis, and/or application development
- Knowledge of Python, .NET, Java, PHP, and/or HTML
- Prior work experience with the oil/gas sector (helpful)
- Ability to take direction, listen keenly to instructions, and work well with a team
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-480-581-5378. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.