Who we are
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia is an International Non-governmental organization and a member of SOS Children’s Villages International Federation. We started our humanitarian work in Ethiopia with the opening of our first Village in Mekelle, Northern part of Ethiopia in 1974. Since then, we have expanded our programs to different regions where there are significant needs for intervention and where we believe we can work in partnership with all relevant actors to bring sustainable positive outcomes for children’s and young people.
Today, we have grown significantly to meet the persistent challenges that confront Ethiopian children who have lost parental care and those that are at risk of losing their parental care. Working in close collaboration with international donors, local government and community based organizations across seven program locations; we aspire that every child grows up with love, respect and security.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Project data Clerk ,who will be responsible for making sure that data coming to the project from dferent project officers and other sources accurately entered in the data base ,cross check ed and validated before being proccesed
What we provide?
An amazing work environment that promotes personal growth through providing professional space to grow and advance your career!
As project Data Clerk you will be in charge of the following duties and responsblities:
- Gathers and complies various data such as important information, field assessment forms and other paper inputs from Project Coordinators, project Officers, Team Leaders into set databases;
- Enter data in a timely and accurate manner into project databases;
- Provide databases to project and program Offices and Track basic statistics and trends from the data, in collaboration with the team;
- Prepare updated figures and information requests, as requested by the project, program and National Office;
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities when necessary;
- Process beneficiaries and source documents by reviewing data; resolving discrepancies or returning incomplete documents to the Officers or concerned co-workers for resolution;
- Maintain data entry requirements by following data program techniques and procedures;
- Reconcile data entries with hard copies, to ensure proper entry and cross checking;
- Verify entered beneficiaries data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or re-entering data;
- Secure information by completing data base backups;
- Maintain beneficiaries’ confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential;
- Other duties as required.
- Support the process of ensuring that child safeguarding and child protection mainstreaming are integrated into all M&E frameworks through measurable output and outcome indicators.
- Support the process of piloting and scaling up local level beneficiary complaints’ mechanisms in relation to staff conduct, with an emphasis on the Child Protection Policy and measure to prevent children from any sort of abuse.
- Responsible to take part in awareness raising sessions and capacity building trainings in relation to CS and Code of Conduct and to prevent and protect children and young people from all forms of abuse, abandonment, exploitation, violence and discrimination
- Support children and young people to make them understand the CS risks and protection mechanisms
- Responsible to report any CS suspicion, concern, allegation or incident immediately, following Child Safeguarding reporting procedures. CS reports should be made to the CS team at programme level and/or to the respective line manager
Up for the challenge...
Then check out our criteria’s:
- Education and Experience: two years’ experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, Secretarial Science and Office Mangement, and statics with two years’ experience.
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Proven data entry work experience, as a Data entry operator or Office clerk.
- Previous experience with an NGO preferred, especially within data entry work;
- Experience with MS Office and data programs
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Patience, good personal organization, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability;
- Experience using office equipment, like printer and scanner machine
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail
- Good level of numeracy;
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently, and with limited supervision;
- Initiative, flexibility and willing to learn;
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned taskst;
- Additional computer training or certification will be an asset
Lead and core competencies:
- Role model: Act as a role model for the organization, living our values and inspiring and learning from others
- Collaboration: Remove barriers to participation, share decision making and build partnerships
- Empowerment: Promote inclusion and equitable sharing of power
- Strategic Thinking: Live the values and mission, setting realistic goals and translating them into actionable plans
- Kindness: Act with empathy towards everyone he/she works with.
- Continuous Learning: Make an effort to learn, understand, and grow as a person, admitting your own mistakes
- Inclusiveness: In any actions show respect and care for others
- Initiative: Speak up when things are not right, do not hesitate to act, and adapt to change when necessary
- Results Orientation: Prioritize safeguarding, look for solutions and focus on desired results
How to Apply
Excited to take on a new Challenge..
Then send us your application (application letter, detailed CV containing contact detail of there references) electronically through SOS Children Villages Application portal (ICIMS)
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Ethiopia holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasis to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children's Villages Ethiopia provides equal employment opportunities to all co-workers & qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or class.