Heifer is hiring a
The Project Coordinator is responsible for oversight of the entire project of Civil Society Organizations for Good Governance and Green Growth in Cambodia (CSO4G), ensuring smooth coordination and implementation and high quality to meet the project goal, outcomes and outputs. The position will play a crucial role in strengthening capacity and good governance of self-help groups (SHGs), Agricultural Cooperatives (ACs) and Social Entrepreneur Union of Agricultural Cooperatives (SEUAC), providing coaching support to ACs to engage with sub-national government and stakeholders for leveraged resources, and to enhance their role as business development service providers for members, contributing to increased production and connecting to the markets.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES: (including approximate percentage effort)
Strengthening SHGs, ACs and SEUAC (60%)
• Facilitate pre-cooperative orientation activities in the SHGs and clusters of SHGs as they develop into cooperatives and unions.
• Organize meetings among ACs and local authorities to identify common priorities and needs for local community development, and for support in implementing the project.
• Lead and coordinate with the selected AC Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee members to form SHGs within the existing ACs.
• Collaborate with the Social Capital Development Manager to provide a training of trainers (TOT) on values-based holistic community development (VBHCD) to the selected AC Board and Supervisory Committee members.
• Provide coaching support to the selected AC Board and Supervisory Committee members to ensure the VBHCD trainings and participatory self-review and planning (PSRP) are effectively delivered to SHG members.
• Lead and facilitate trainings on Cooperative Management and good governance to selected AC leaders.
• Provide support to AC Board and SHG leaders to conduct monthly meetings to share information, progress and actions for improvement to build community cohesion and trust between SHGs and ACs.
• Provide trainings on Climate Smart Agriculture to selected smallholder farmers in order to increase safe vegetable production meeting the market demands.
• Provide technical assistance to ACs to develop business development service (BDS) packages tailored the needs of smallholder farmers.
• Lead and facilitate meetings with value chain actors including microfinance, local government, buyers, input suppliers to identify action points for streamlining and greenifying value chains of smallholder farmers.
• Support SEUAC in organizing a symposium on achievements and lessons learned among business actors, government representatives, and AC members.
Project management and monitoring (30%):
• Provide oversight of the entire project management cycle and ensure project plans and milestones are on time, budget, and scope.
• Actively participate in project plan development and management team meetings to update the project progress, challenges and development improvement plan.
• Ensure the timely delivery of project progress and budget reports in the given reporting system and templates, including (bi)annual reports in the European Commission (EC) format (consolidation of all consortium partners).
• Document success stories and lessons learned for internal programmatic use and external sharing.
• Assist the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning team in collecting project information for project reports, project database and case studies.
• Provide support to ensure sound budget management including reviewing and monitoring cash advances and budget expenses.
• Work closely with Heifer Netherlands (HNL) to ensure smooth project and consortium management.
• Support the coordination and facilitation of annual planning and review meetings for the entire consortium in collaboration with HNL.
Stakeholder engagement and resource mobilization (10%):
• Build and maintain good networking and collaboration with local authorities, government officers at the target areas and other relevant stakeholders.
• Coordinate and organize meetings between AC leaders and Department of Agricultural Cooperative Promotion (DACP) representatives to build trust, confidence, and mutual understanding.
• Conduct joint learning and reflection workshops with AC/SEUAC leaders and DACP representatives on issues of concern in local agricultural development and market linkages.
• Support lead farmers, entrepreneurs, and cooperatives to leverage resources from sub-national government, NGOs and stakeholders, and other opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s degree in agriculture science, agronomy or a related field, plus at least seven years of experience in fields related to agriculture value chain and agro-enterprise development/agribusiness
• Experience in agriculture extension is a plus
• Experience with report writing for European donors or the EC is a plus
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in project management, monitoring, and evaluation with an international organization.
• Knowledge of agriculture cooperative development, community organizations – SHGs, farmer producer groups, etc.
• Experience in adult training facilitation and training curriculum development using participatory methodologies.
• Fluent in local language and English – both spoken and written.
• Good analytical skills and ability to verify information.
• Skills with Microsoft Office package, internet browser, and other appropriate technology platforms.
• Ability to communicate clearly and swiftly using appropriate mobile technology.
• Knowledge of and experience with or within community organizations.
• Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
• Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
• Good communication and facilitation skills.
• Good report writing skills.
• Good understanding of and sensitivity for poverty, social and ethnic issues
• Constant sitting, standing and walking, with occasional bending and lifting; may work at a computer for extended periods of time
Project CoordinatorCivil Society OrganizationsGood GovernanceGreen GrowthCambodiaCSO4Gcapacityself-help groupsAgricultural Cooperativescoaching supportsub-national governmentproductionmarketscooperative orientation activitieslocal community developmentCooperative ManagementClimate Smart Agriculturesmallholder farmersvalue chain actorssymposiumproject managementmonitoringproject plansmilestonesproject progressbudget reportssuccess storieslessons learnedMonitoringEvaluation and Learningbudget managementconsortium managementstakeholder engagementresource mobilizationnetworkingcollaborationjoint learningreflection workshopsagriculture scienceagronomyreport writingproject managementmonitoringevaluationinternational organizationagriculture cooperative developmentcommunity organizationsadult training facilitationtraining curriculum developmentlocal languageEnglishanalytical skillsMicrosoft Officecommunicationmobile technologycommunity organizationshonestyintegritypovertysocial issuesethnic issuessittingstandingwalkingbendingliftingcomputer