Li-Cycle is solving the global end-of-life lithium battery problem to help power our electric future. Our goal is to recover critical materials from lithium-ion batteries and introduce them back into the supply chain as a sustainable and circular product. We work every day to make this vision a reality. Our team is growing, and we are looking for passionate, creative people, who want to join us as we build a better tomorrow. If you are looking for a purpose-driven company where curiosity and innovation are valued, Li-Cycle is the place for you!
Reporting to the Director, Finance North America, the Project Accountant is responsible for preparing financial reports, managing and reporting Sales & Use Tax to the State of New York and reviewing transactions and invoices while following internal financial processes and code of conduct for Li-Cycle capital projects.
Our ideal candidate will be a driven individual with high attention to detail and organization, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Assist project managers in the set-up of projects in construction management platform
- Review project costs to ensure compliance with Capitalization policy
- Review and process vendor invoices to project and budget codes
- Review account totals related to project assets and expenses
- Prepare monthly accruals for outstanding project costs
- Track unbilled expenses on projects to include researching purchase order discrepancies and timely invoice processing
- Work with the capital department for maintaining project tracker and assist with reconciliation of budget
- Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management
- Reconciles AIA Payment Applications and revises, if necessary
- Track the compilation of project costs into fixed asset accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed
- Assist in preparation and filing of all tax and regulatory documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or have equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the Construction Industry strongly preferred
- Experience in cost accounting, auditing, and financial reporting
- Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in Outlook and Word
- Strong data extraction, manipulation and cleansing skills and experience working with large, unstructured data sets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels both verbal and written
- High-level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Proactive self-starter with an 'owner's mindset'
- Consistently delivers quality work on time, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, negotiation and creative problem-solving skills
- High degree of time management
- Maintains strict confidentiality and discretion with respect sensitive information
For more information, you can visit our website https://li-cycle.com or view Li-Cycle's corporate video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnUgCt0JshU.
Li-Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging. Individuals seeking employment at Li-Cycle are considered without regard to any protected category including but not limited to, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, diverse-ability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.