Anticipated start: As soon as possible
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Instill’s mission is to transform teaching, learning and leadership in every classroom on the African continent. We believe that the greatest levers for change in the education system are teachers and school leaders. We have recently been accredited as a higher education institution in South Africa, and seek to build a team that will change the face of teacher education across the continent. We’re looking for a Programme Associate to join our small and growing team to ensure the success of our first cohorts of student-teachers as well as the growth of our digital platform.
What makes you a great candidate?
You are ambitious, hungry to learn and have a deep passion for education. You want to work in a fast-paced business environment and grow with a young organisation that seeks to change the face of education across the African continent. You want to learn how a start-up works by getting your hands dirty, and getting involved in every aspect of the business. You are excited by the challenge of immersing yourself in new contexts and tackling complex problems. You are not afraid of failure and are driven to improve through robust, data-driven decision making and feedback. When evaluating your candidacy, we will look for the following:
- Demonstrated commitment to anti-racism, equity, and inclusion
- You have experience working in a challenging business environment. You’ve been apart of a high performing team and have worked on complex projects
- You have an undergraduate degree, although we are more interested in your experience, drive and passion than your qualification
- You have strong project management skills paired with the ability to synthesise information from a variety of sources
- You have the ambition to grow with the business and move into leadership positions
- You are an exceptional critical thinker with strong interpersonal communication skills
- You have the ability to work in an ever-changing environment as part of a multicultural team
- You have a demonstrated passion for educational development, closing educational equity gaps, and are strongly aligned with our vision, mission and values
What does the role entail?
As Programme Associate, you will be working with the Country Lead to implement proactive, systematised country programmes.
Specifically, you will:
- Support the recruitment/admissions cycle by planning and executing recruitment communications strategy and processing applications
- Support in the development and maintenance of a strong, inviting and engaging work culture
- Work closely with the Country Lead to create and implement strong systems and processes
- Complete research, as well as monitoring and evaluation reports for both internal systems and external projects/programmes
- Work with the Country Lead and a network of partner organisations to build a platform that ensures our programmes are reaching into schools and being used by educators across the country
- Market to, and develop relationships with, a range of different stakeholders including schools, higher education institutions, NGOs, the media and any others you believe will add value to our network
- Work with the Country Lead to implement a go-to-market strategy and oversee business development activities such as events, social media outreach, one-on-one meetings with school leaders, etc.
- Support in event planning, social media outreach, focus group coordination, etc.
- Manage ongoing campaigns encourage greater programme participation
- Identify new opportunities and develop an understanding of the changing needs of Ghana educators
- Support in the execution of our partnerships strategy, including social media and events
- Remain up to date with both our programmes and education trends/data in Ghana
- Ensure all events are fully inclusive, and take into account any special arrangements
- Provide administrative support to the Country Lead, peers and faculty
- Support in the development and maintenance of a strong, inviting and engaging working culture at Instill Education
Do our values resonate with yours?
We measure the impact of everything we do. We believe that education equity is a central pillar of achieving social justice. We pursue excellence in everything that we do. We have the courage to make bold decisions and learn from our mistakes. We build community by being accountable for our actions, fostering collaborative environments, and acting with integrity and humility. We believe that diversity is central to our success.