Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with some form of specially-abled**.**
The Program Officer will serve in accordance with Heifer Bangladesh’s vision, mission, goal, objectives, policies, and procedures. S/he will coordinate with the signature program team to provide oversight in social capital, agriculture (vegetable) value chain, market system development and cooperative development aspects of the program. The Officer will provide strategic guidance and support to project partners, SHGs, cooperatives, and local governments for effective design and implementation of projects. S/he will build the capacity of local partners and provide continuous backstopping for optimum project result.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES****: (**including approximate percentage effort)
Ensure that project activities are implemented, maintained, and completed on time (50%)
- Adopt appropriate strategy and plan at the community level to meet the goal and targets.
- Prepare required guidelines on agriculture and livestock value chains for effective project implementation.
- Prepare the Project Implementation Plan, facilitate implementation and track progress regularly.
- Support partner NGOs and cooperatives in start-up and implementation of projects with good and adequate understanding of the project agreement.
- Ensure transparent process in partner project staff hiring to recruit competent human resources.
- Provide backstopping to NGO partners and cooperatives on program management.
- Collaborate with the signature program team and ensure quality in project service delivery.
- Ensure the effective mobilization of project staff.
- Maintain transparency and meet donor compliance during project implementation.
Coordination, Monitoring, and Reporting (30%)
- Visit project sites, collaborate with farmers, SHGs, SHG networks and cooperatives to understand the context, monitor progress, and follow up on recommendations.
- Report project progress and discuss next steps as appropriate.
- Coordinate with related private sector (value chain/market actors, solar irrigation company, MFIs, insurance companies, etc.) and ensure required services are delivered.
- Collaborate and develop good working relationships with local government for smooth project implementation.
- Ensure the project milestones, objectives and requirements are fulfilled.
Networking and Technical Support and Backstopping (15%)
- Develop and maintain a sound network of government, NGO partners, counterparts, and other stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain links with relevant professional bodies.
- Ensure the capacity building of project partners, including training and backstopping.
- Create an enabling environment to tap and disburse resources.
- Facilitate cooperative formation and their capacity building.
- Support lead farmers, entrepreneurs, and cooperatives to leverage resources from local government, provincial government, and other opportunities.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned (5%)
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture science; an equivalent degree in agribusiness and value chain development is an advantage
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in agriculture value chain management with at least two (2) years with an international organization
- Experience in adult training facilitation and training curriculum development using participatory methodologies
- Experience in leading/facilitating business development/market linkages/access to finance or development of business and production plans
- Knowledge in agriculture cooperative development
- Fluent in local language and English – both spoken and written
- Possess a working knowledge on sustainable livelihoods, value chain and market development
- Knowledge of community organizations – SHGs, farmer producer groups, etc.
- Experience of field data collection
- Good analytical skills and ability to verify information
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner
- Ability to prepare and present documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail
- Proven team and customer care skills with the ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in several locations
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues both within and outside the country
- May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule
- Willingness to travel both locally and internationally
- Able to effectively promote Heifer’s mission values, and objectives
Job Location: Heifer International Bangladesh Office, Jashore
**The last date of the application submission is on January 04, 2023.