Ampact is hiring a
The Program Manager will facilitate program implementation to ensure all stakeholders have an exceptional experience. The Program Manager is responsible for developing, maintaining, and sustaining effective relationships with key site contacts to ensure successful program implementation and site engagement with programs. Additionally, the Program Manager maintains and cultivates relationships and manages AmeriCorps Members and community stakeholders. The Program Manager provides service sites and members the training, coaching and technical support necessary to ensure successful implementation of programs with high fidelity to the model and successful completion of each AmeriCorps member’s term of service. This position will observe confidentiality of all member, program and organizational information.
1. AmeriCorps Member Cohort Management: Serve as the primary organizational point of contact for a cohort of AmeriCorps members. Create an exceptional service experience for members, striving to retain 100% of members during their service year and obtaining a high rate of members returning for a subsequent term of service. Work closely with the member’s on-site supervisor to provide proactive support to members which includes performance management through affirmation, coaching, and corrective action as necessary. Document member performance issues and improvement plans, as necessary. Provide individualized support to members in developing and implementing a plan to serve the total number of hours required throughout the year. Regularly monitor progress towards completing required number of hours. Provide insight to the Director of Service Experience about the challenges and opportunities in supporting members; provide support, as needed, to develop tools related to supporting members during their term of service.
2. Program Implementation and Participant Outcomes: Regularly review site and participant level data and outcomes to monitor implementation and maximize program impact. Collaborate with site supervisors to ensure members are implementing the program model with fidelity, have full caseloads, meet minimum dosage requirements, and update data regularly.
3. Site Partnerships: Develop and maintain productive partnerships with sites and site partners. Conduct in person site visits at least quarterly depending on caseload and supervisor direction
(regional travel required). Work closely with all partners to ensure open, effective communication with clear understanding of the program model leading to successful implementation with strong outcomes. Work closely with the assigned recruiter to ensure there is a mutual understanding of site needs as it relates to member placement and support site-based recruitment efforts regularly. Work collaboratively with the content experts to respond to challenges and issues that may arise at the site. Collaborate with Program Specialists regarding timely collection of in-kind documentation from sites. Proactively source potential new site partnerships, and collaborate with content experts to facilitate site onboarding to ensure strong understanding of the program model. Provide insight to the Director of Site Partnerships about the challenges and opportunities in maintaining site partnerships; provide support, as needed, to develop tools related to site partnerships.
4. Compliance and Grant Administration: Ensure compliance with program, organization and AmeriCorps rules and regulations. Monitor completion of member requirements and provide support and follow-up as necessary to each member to ensure requirements are met on a timely basis (e.g. eligibility documentation, pre-service paperwork, enrollment and exit deadlines, mid-term and end-of-term performance evaluations, required training attendance, performance documentation). Ensure member time sheets are submitted on time. Ensure the hours recorded on member time sheets are allowable. Ensure members are not engaging in any prohibited activities during their service.
5. Training and Professional Development: Collaborate with program team, Learning & Training Department, content experts and consultants and leadership to develop, create, and conduct regular training sessions to cultivate commitment, reinforce relationships, and ensure understanding of and compliance with the program. Assist as needed with training session logistics and support. Provide exceptional customer service at all times.
6. External relations: Build the brand of the program in the assigned geographic territory in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications department. Foster and cultivate community partnerships through connection with community groups and participation in local committees, local funder groups, job fairs and community events. Under the direction of the Marketing and Communications Manager, act as the spokesperson for media outlets to promote and provide information regarding the program. Support and facilitate legislative and funder site visits.
· Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
· 3+ years program management and/or program implementation experience, preferably in a non-profit setting.
· Demonstrated proficiency in creating partnerships and working in a collaborative environment.
· Proven interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships, solve problems, mediate conflict and exercise sound judgment.
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced evolving environment.
· Ability to structure tasks, meet deadlines and set and manage goal achievement.
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal and written communication skills characterized by active listening, respectful two-way communication, and timely and results-oriented communication. Public speaking experience preferred.
· Proven commitment, results-driven, and solution-oriented perspective.
· Proven ability to adapt to change and innovate.
· Commitment to supporting all members and service recipients enrolled in our programs.
· Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
· Commitment to develop equity skills and cultural competence of self and others.
· Proven success navigating situations that require high emotional intelligence, with an emphasis on self-awareness.
· Proficiency with MS Office and Excel. Previous database experience preferred. Ability to utilize video conferencing effectively.
· Familiarity with or interest in national service or social causes.
Ampact is committed to compliance with the Minnesota Human Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations as possible to enable employees to perform the essential function of their positions.
This position requires the ability to:
● Travel locally and statewide as needed to attend meetings
● Communicate effectively with people/groups in multiple settings within and outside the organization
● Effectively utilize existing and emerging technology to achieve required results
● Transporting of moderately heavy objects up to 25 pounds
Ampact will not discriminate for or against any AmeriCorps service member or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, marital or parental status, familial status, military service, or any other category protected by law. Reasonable accommodations provided upon request.