All Hands and Hearts is a disaster relief nonprofit. Our program bases are located in the communities we serve, and staff members live in communal environments. Understand your responsibility for the safety of yourself and for those around you. Make yourself aware of, and comply with all safety protocols (including COVID-19), which may differ between locations, based on local risk assessment and local regulations.
Vaccination is required in all in-person work environments including program bases, offices, and team meetings. We will always provide an option for travel-exempt folks to join these meetings and events virtually, to ensure we are providing an inclusive and accessible environment for people who are unvaccinated, vaccinated and at high risk, or avoiding in person events out of concern for others in their circle.
Diversity is the acknowledgment, promotion and celebration of our differences and similarities. All racial identities, ethnicities, sexes, nationalities, gender identities and expressions, physical and mental abilities, sexual orientations, ages, spiritualities, points of view and socioeconomic statuses can fit in with us.
We support individuals from around the world and serve communities affected by disasters with purpose. Response, recovery, resilience and renewal are why we exist. Respect for the value of diversity, inclusion and social justice drives us forward every day.
Everyone is welcome.
The start date for this position is To Be Determined.
All Hands and Hearts consistently seeks talented and hardworking people who are eager to support communities impacted by natural disasters. This is an open submission; availability is based on need and will vary in location. Possible locations are Louisiana**,** California**,** Mexico, Nepal, Bahamas, or Philippines.
A versatile position within a dynamic, global non-profit organization that provides relief to survivors of natural disasters. This position is responsible for the strategic development and overall management of the program to ensure efficient and effective delivery of the projects.
- Reports to Recovery Manager or Response Manager
- Roles reporting to position Project Manager, Operations Manager
- Approximate number of reports 1-2
- Responsible for the successful operation and completion of the program as a whole
- Effectively onboard and manage a diverse staff team to meet the needs of the affected community and empower them to carry out their functions effectively and efficiently
- Supporting the operations and project teams to deliver their specific operational and project targets within the approved time and budget constraints
- Responsible for making sure All Hands and Hearts and program rules are adhered to and carrying out disciplinary procedures if needed
- Develop, implement, and regularly review program emergency procedures and safety and security protocols
- Oversees the delivery of weekly and monthly reporting for all aspects of the program
- Ensure all program tracking systems are updated regularly and maintained
- Work with local partners to foster collaboration
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements for the program
- Ensure the overall budget and timeline compliance of the program
- Develop an overall budget for the program, including financial forecasting
- Reconcile operational and project budgets to meet approved overall program budgets
- We understand vaccination is the best way to protect our beneficiaries, community members, staff and volunteers, therefore we require all of our on program staff members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. To be considered for this position you must be fully vaccinated. Subject to applicable guidance, the term fully vaccinated currently refers to when an individual has received either a single-shot vaccine or both doses of a two-shot vaccine, and two weeks have elapsed since the final dose.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Is this position responsible for the operating budget of the associated department? Yes
- Does this position have any other financial responsibilities? Yes
- Education Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience in a relevant field.
- Related Experience A minimum of two years’ experience working in a disaster response context, preferably with All Hands and Hearts. At least one year of experience in a role with project management responsibilities, including budget tracking and reporting. Management experience in a professional setting.
- Special Competencies/Certifications Must be able to secure and maintain appropriate visas. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, confident working with Google Suite, Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel). Applicants need to be responsible, well organized, and have a flexible approach to managing multiple teams and tasks, prioritizing them appropriately. Outstanding leadership and delegation skills with the ability to manage a large workload while performing in a fast-paced environment.
- Work Environment/Conditions Communal living environment; high-stress situations.
Compensation & Benefits
- Pay rate is dependent on location, and based on skills and experience
- Room & board included
- Monthly R&R breaks with allowance
- Travel to and from program location
- Health insurance and 401K for US residents
- Coverage for emergency medical injury and illness for international team members
All Hands and Hearts is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic.