About the Organization:
New Moms believes in the strength, skills, and potential of young moms. Our comprehensive approach provides housing, job training, academic coaching, and family support to give moms and their children a path to lasting success. Combining behavioral research, proven methodology, and 40 years of real-world experience, New Moms has established an equity-driven model for generational change, challenging the barriers caused by systemic poverty and racism.
Our Commitment to Equity:
New Moms prioritizes racial equity as a strategic and organizational imperative. Strong candidates will be committed to integrating diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) values into their work goals and will be evaluated on their impact.
About the Job:
The Program Data Manager works under the supervision of the Senior Director of Performance Management to provide support to the agency with performance management responsibilities focused on program outcomes across the agency and with external funders. This position is the lead staff in charge of our electronic case record system, Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), used by all programs and manages the integration of ETO with third-party platforms, including ClickUp and PointerPro. This position supports the agency’s vision, philosophy, and values in the comprehensive delivery of support to mothers and their children through the delivery of high-quality program database management to support agency goals. The Program Data Manager will champion all New Moms' values, including our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, in both strategic planning and performance. The position is located at New Moms’ main office in the Austin neighborhood of Chicago, and will spend time at other locations. Starting Salary: $60,000
Key Job Responsibilities:
Program Data Management:
- Provides leadership and oversight of our electronic case record system, which includes the training and coaching to supervisors, the build-out and ongoing support of the electronic platform, as well as the analysis of data collected for impact and program improvement
- Supports the management of various dashboards and impact reports for internal stakeholders for sharing out, learning, and program improvement
- Develops and implements statistical and/or other indicators to evaluate program and organizational performance
- Provides performance management support to Program teams, upholding and developing best practices in database management and ensuring the successful adoption of database engagement among users
- Manages program data to third-party platforms
- Manages workflow of data entry and processing to ensure effectiveness and efficiency
- Conducts monthly audits to ensure consistency across data systems
- Works with program leadership staff and contracts managers to submit assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual programmatic reports to funders
- Participates in professional seminars or conferences to enhance professional development and job skills
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance; assuming responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results impacting staff, costs, and/or quality of service
- Supervises volunteers and/or interns, as determined by the supervisor
- Upholds the New Moms model, which is grounded in racial equity
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience required
- More than three (3) years of related experience required; administrative work and nonprofit experience preferred
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in database management required (Efforts to Outcomes and/or Business Objects preferred); Experience with batch uploading between data platforms and/or database report writing helpful
- High attention to detail and results-oriented approach to work
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers and Microsoft software applications; particularly Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Experience working under tight deadlines and meeting them, and ability to prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Access to a reliable vehicle or the ability to navigate public transportation between New Moms sites required
- This is an on-site position with a primary office at our Austin location. This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule which could include up to 3 days per week of remote work if requested. All staff are required to be in the office on Tuesdays, which is our company Core Day.
New Moms’ Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; matching on retirement savings up to 3%; 15 paid holidays; and generous paid time off. We also offer several unique benefits to New Moms: discounts on Bright Endeavors products, free optional spiritual direction services, and half days on Fridays in the summer. Our Flexible Work Options policy allows for staff to work some hours remotely once training is complete. For licensed employees, you will receive over 20 free CEU's during onboarding and an additional 1.5 free CEU's/month throughout employment. We promote professional development and provide time for you to attend other external trainings opportunities as well.