Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Product Manager I to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Work side-by-side with a fantastic team of engineers to realize your strategy to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem.
- Develops, designs, and explicitly communicates the Product Vision, Roadmap, and Backlog to maximize value delivery aligned to the Product Business Line strategy driving the ROI for Uplight.
- Creates, clearly communicates, and prioritizes the Product Features (Epics) and Backlog items. This includes working with internal and external stakeholders as well as the development and cross-functional teams (Product Design, Implementation, Customer Success, etc) to ensure the Backlog is transparent, visible, and understood.
- Has a solid understanding of product capabilities, gaps, and short-term roadmap, and shares that understanding to empower cross-functional teams (Product Design, Implementation, Customer Success, etc).
- Collaborates with team members in other Product Lines to ensure that cohesive solutions are built across Uplight’s platform.
- Works collaboratively and is constructive when communicating and interacting with coworkers. A contributor who seeks solutions.
- Lead the planning of product release timelines and set the expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Releases & Sprint Goals.
- Work with the Engineering teams to define Acceptance Criteria meeting the Definition of Ready; and accepting work once it meets the team’s Definition of Done.
What you will contribute:
- You will play an integral part as a member of the Product Management team, and will have an immediate impact on Uplight’s development efforts, market position, and revenue.
- Full integration with 1 development pods, including planning and executing against a defined product strategy.
- Product voice and pod advocacy to cross-functional team.
- Involvement in all stages of product development from discovery to delivery – collaborating with engineers, designers, and others along the way.
What you bring to Uplight:
- Experience working in a Scrum environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience shipping great products for a leading consumer, SaaS, or enterprise software company.
- Ability to write and express complex ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Ability to drive initiatives and ideas in a highly collaborative environment.
- Proficiency with JIRA.
- Passionate about moving our mission forward and living our core values.
- Entrepreneurial, business-focused mindset.
- 2+ years of relevant or related experience in a technical environment.
- An online slidedeck showcasing a product/feature of which you are particularly proud and the process used to launch it.
- Innovation thrives on teams where diverse experiences come together to solve hard problems and represent the users of our products. Please share written description on your past efforts, and plans to advocate for and advance diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) in the workplace.
- Utility or Energy industry experience.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO or PSPO) or equivalent certification.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Uplight we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on providing cross-functional work, collaboration, and development.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $80,000 to $100,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.